No announcement yet.

Starforce 3. Is it THAT bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Example: i have motherboard with via KT800pro chipset. And i have serial ata dvd-rw. Starforce can not correct read data from controller on this chipset (only serial-ata, not ide!). And i run any copy of my game, thats protected by starforce. And i can run from any cd-rom drive (USB, Fire-wire, excentral raid controllers), where starforce can not correct read data from controller! And starforce drivers incorrect work on 64-bit windows!
    And this is only begin the end of starforce!
    They must write new version ore make totally internet activation. Ore this protect will die soon whithout crack!

Comment

No comment

GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.

StarForce 3.5.07.00 detected -> G:\Cross Racing Championship 2005 Demo\protect.dll

Comment

the game brian lara cricket 2005 has starforce 3 security..that is why this game is not avaiable yet in pakistan even after 4 months of its release....will the starforce 3 security be broken by the daemon tools 4..??????? :?:

Comment

.that is why this game is not avaiable yet in pakistan even after 4 months of its release
          What do you mean exactly? You can't buy StarForce-protected titles in
          Pakistan??

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
            .that is why this game is not avaiable yet in pakistan even after 4 months of its release
            What do you mean exactly? You can't buy StarForce-protected titles in Pakistan??
            I think that in Pakistan no one buys originals. Are originals even available there? There are some countries where it's legal to distribute/sell copies. Does someone here know if this is the case in Pakistan? If yes, I don't think vendors would even attempt to sell software products there. (By the way, if it's true, don't blame the users; blame the laws. The users have to somehow get the software they need. If it's not possible to get a licensed copy in a country, there's really no other way than copying.)
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

check this out

not that I'm saying this is the case for this particular user

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
                Hmm.
                The report notes that IIPA knew of five factory locations in Pakistan where eight firms operate optical disc production lines.
                That should explain why Starforce protected games aren't "available". SF games refuse to run "out of the box" even if the illegal copy is actually a pressed CD/DVD-ROM.

Even without the trade suspension, it should be very hard to find originals. Grand Theft Software.
                To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Grand Theft Software
                  LOOOOOL - really nice joke, thank you, you saved my day, hehehehe

Comment

Daemon Tools 4 should are worth the wait and could finally overcome the deadly starforce protection system which has caused a lot of headache.

Comment

Originally Posted by Crappy_Soul
                      Daemon Tools 4 should are worth the wait and could finally overcome the deadly starforce protection system which has caused a lot of headache.
                      There will always be something new my friend that comes along and gives you a headache. Now that I depressed myself, I'm gonna go cry.

Comment

What is the SF version of Worms 4: Mayhem?

Comment

Please don't double post.

Use Aray Scanner (-> google) to find out which copy protection was used.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by dance2ccs
                            What is the SF version of Worms 4: Mayhem?
                            You might found out if you check the Game Database on this site.

Comment

The people above are right about how easy it is to find this information. But here's a post link describing it (Worms 4: Mayhem): link

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                                try unplugging all ide drives.
                                I currently still have PATA IDE. I hope you're not telling people to unplug their primary master HDD. Then how can I boot my PC?

Comment

Working...
                                X