Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a little help from Google I've translated the German instructions. The screenshots are still in German.

Half Life 2

To avoid having to have the Half Life 2 / Counterstrike: SOURCE DVD in the drive when playing, you can create an image of the DVD and use DAEMON Tools to create a virtual drive. But Valve and/or Sony suspected this would happen and have already inserted some months ago a Blacklist into the "SecuROM" version 5.x copy protection, which is used by Half Life 2.

To get round this, first create an image of the DVD. With the help of the attached BlindWrite5-Profile http://forum.copybase.ch/de/uploads/...fil_SrNew5.rar (save the file to the BlindWrite5\profiles directory; you need WinRAR 3.41 to unzip the file) and BlindWrite you can create a medium data image of the DVD (" image") using the "Read" menu (screenshot 1).

The DVD image has now been created in the Blindwrite B5T format and can with a few mouselicks in the DAEMON Tools Tray menu (screenshot 2) be mounted.

If you now to start Half Life 2 it will fail. This is because of the Blacklisting function previously mentioned. To get round this, go to the Start menu, click Run, and enter "regedit", and hit OK. Now navigate in the tree to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP \Scsi Port N, where N depends on the number of attached drives and installed emulation software.

Find the Scsi Port N key for the DAEMON Tools, Alcohol120% or other emulation software that has the Half Life 2 image mounted. For DAEMON tools, expand the Scsi Port N keys and subkeys to find one called "Logical Unit Id 0". The DAEMON tools virtual drive has an Identifier of "Generic DVD-ROM" under this key.

Sony's SecuROM looks under the "administrator" group for the installed emulation software. We can prevent SecuROM by finding this by setting the Permissions on the appropriate key to deny read access. (screenshot 3). Right click the Scsi Port N key and select Permissions from the pop up menu. Select the Administrators group and for the Read permission tick Deny. Click OK. You will need to do this every time you boot your PC, as the change is not permanent.

You should now be able to play Half Life 2 without the DVD in the drive.

Screenshots (these are urls not img, and img doesn't seem to work):

[ 1 ] http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.ph...pe=post&id=205

[ 2 ] http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.ph...pe=post&id=203

[ 3 ] http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.ph...pe=post&id=204

PS: Before you use the virtual drive for other progrems, you should change the Permissions back again in regedit, by untick the Deny box for the Read permission, and ticking the Allow box for Full control.

Comment

for win2k users the old registry editor should do the trick: something like regedt32 no win2k pc anymore, so i can't test it

Comment

For people who cant see the Device Manager afterwards. Re-edit the PCI Enum one, then you can see it.

Comment

like i said before "run regedt32.exe" is the command with win2k

and for the people who edited more than the "scsi port x", you dont need this! Just edit the "scsi port x" entry!

Comment

I noticed that not every DVD-ROM can create a working image with BW.
            In my case my old trusty Toshiba 1612 didn't work but my Pioneer DVD-burner did.

While creating an image with BW open the log file and make sure that the topology is read properly.

Comment

I notice that b5T image created with the new SecuRom 5xx will play fine with the reg hack ...but why doesn't it work as a burned backup?

Comment

The image works fine, but the burned copy( burned with BW and Securom5) doesnґt. Theres a problem with the topology that is, in my case, 0%. So, what is to do?

Comment

Well, I'm proud of the fact my little tutorial has been translated and posted here, but don't forget to post the link where you get it from: the source page.

Edit: Sorry, I haven't read the previous thread-page. My fault. :-D

It's in German, i think some of you do understand this language, even if they're from Switzerland ;-)

Well, I also didn't find a way to write the working B5T/B5I-images on a DVD5.
                  Please tell me via email (benny <the-char-also-called-"at"> copybase.ch) if you've found a way to do it.

Comment

just a FYT, it worked with my Alcohol 120% image too.

Comment

just a FYT, it worked with my Alcohol 120% image too.
                      How did you get topology data from DVD with Alcohol software ?

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance
                        just a FYI, it worked with my Alcohol 120% image too.
                        How did you get topology data from DVD with Alcohol software ?
                        Let me refine my statement:

just a FYI, it works my half-life 2 (CD version) made with Alcohol 120% image.

Comment

@echo off
                          regini HL2RegIni.txt

Then I put a shortcut to the bat file in my Startup folder, and that does the trick.

Are you sure of this ShellShock ??
                          I've tried that script, and the problem is that regini does not handle the "Deny" access. With that tool, i can't DENY read access for Administrator, i can just DELETE all accesses for Administrator.. looks like its not the same thing for securom ! :roll:

Comment

hummm. correction : if i use a script deleting all accesses to all users, it works.

so the content of HL2RegIni.txt would be :
                            Code:
                            \Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 []
                            and content of hl2.bat would be
                            Code:
                            regini HL2RegIni.txt
                            i don't know if its very good for the computer stability but.. lets try !!

Comment

I was able to use subinacl to reset the registry permissions on bootup. I created a batch file with the following command and put it in my startup dir.

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl" /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\S CSI Port 2" /deny=administrators=r

I'm using XP, but this should work on 2K. The " are important.
                              You'll probably need to DL subinacl. It can be found here:

Comment

I had an image made with alcohol 120%, didnt work.

So now i try to make an image with blindwrite and the config from this thread but blindwrite only spits out a file that is 667mb ?

Wich obiously doesn't work either, how do I get a lager file from blindwrite ?
                                Or is that because I used the trail version ?

Comment

Working...
                                X