Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by legio
    I had an image made with alcohol 120%, didnt work.

So now i try to make an image with blindwrite and the config from this thread but blindwrite only spits out a file that is 667mb ?
    Wich obiously doesn't work either, how do I get a lager file from blindwrite ?
    Or is that because I used the trail version ?
    I made my image with Blindwrite too, but i changed a setting (dont know where...) that it shouldnt split it up as big as a CD, but as big as a DVD.

@mutt

it works under Win2k. tested it and it works perfectly!

Comment

I think I found a much simpler method of bypassing securom 5's blacklist.
      I take no credit for this. I found this while browsing the support forums on Alcohol Software and they found it some where else. You gotta love the internet =)

Anyways, create a .reg file with the following
      (don't include the dashed lines):
      --------------------------------------------------
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run]
      "Securomfix"="reg.exe add \"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\Scsi\\S csi Port 2\" /v Interrupt /t REG_DWORD /d 0xf /f"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2]
      "Interrupt"=dword:0000000f

------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: You'll need to find out what scsi port your drive emulator is using! For most of us it's 'Scsi Port 2'. If your emulator is using another port, make changes to the above patch accordingly. Make sure you change all references to 'Scsi Port 2'. There are 2

Save your reg patch then run it. This works on XP. I pretty sure for it to work on 2K you'll need to modify the patch. I'll leave that for someone else to post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mosef
        I made my image with Blindwrite too, but i changed a setting (dont know where...) that it shouldnt split it up as big as a CD, but as big as a DVD.

@mutt

it works under Win2k. tested it and it works perfectly!
        The new blindwrite has not options whatsoever, its like 'Presss the big GO button'
        Wich version did you use ?

Comment

hmm, i looked again, but didnt find this option. Maybe it wasnt there. Dont know why im remembering a option like this.
          Now i dont know why you get this small image...

maybe you should use the latest version. (5.2.6b).

Comment

Re: Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47

im just woundering do u change the read setting to deny on all types off accounts when ya in regedit??

Comment

hello

Iґve followed the instructions and made the changes in the registry and made an copy with blindwrite (auto).
              The first time everything worked perfectly but then after a restart the game tries to load the screen gets black and after 40 seconds a message appears:

"The instructions on 0x241734a5 refered to the memory on 0x01288430.The memory could not be read"

Anyone has a clue?

Comment

HL2 disk

I too edited my registery, I tried the batch files and the .reg files that some said to use, I made my own image of the HL2 disk with BW 5+, and used the format that is found at the link in the first page of this thread. Then I got Daemon tools right from this site and used that to mount my image, and while the image comes up with that auto play start screen, with the option on it to play HL2, and even opens steam when I select to play, absolutely nothing ever happens after that. When I select to play HL2 from my games list in Steam, then the HL2.exe file will open and I see it in the task manager, (I'm using xp with sp2) and after awhile it just goes away. Once, I got it to say something about not being able to authenticate the disk, like a timeout error or something. But I think that was with an image I had made with BW version 4.5.7

Help?

P.S. I have already beaten the game with the cd in my drive, so yes, I have installed it.

Comment

i did the same as you, and i got same problem

btw hi all, nice forums

Comment

Graive/mata7,

Do you guys have the CD version or DVD version? I don't know if these fixes will work with the DVD version. If you have the CD version, here's a step by step on what worked for me:

1) Create an image of disk 1 using Alcohol 120% (ver 1.9.2.1705). Pick securom 4.x/5.x as the data-type.

2) Get subinacl if you don't have it already (location in the thread).

3) Run the subinacl command (listed in the thread). Be sure to modify the subinacl command parameters to point the scsi instance deamon tools is using. For me it was 'SCSI Port 2', but it may be different on your systems.

4) Try running HL2 from the image. It should work. If not, then make sure you are pointing subinacl to the right scsi instance.

5) If step 4 worked, put the subinacl command you used in a batch file in your statup dir. This will ensure the deny read permissions are reset on reboot.

I hope this helps you guys. Another option is to use the reg patch I listed in the thread. I found it to work on my system, but not my son's. However, the subinacl batch file trick seems to work every time.

Comment

thanks for you help man

i have the DVD Version, and for more the i try, i cant make it work, lol i almost give up for now

Comment

well I'm not sure if I have the cd or dvd version, it ha like 4 disks and they look like cd's to m3h. Thing is, I can't get the actual cd to work anyway. I keep getting some weird error saying that the original disk could not be authenticated within the time limmit or something like that. I followed the instructions on the steam web site for a simmilar error, but I'm reluctant to try giving them a snapshot of my system for any reason. And their suggestions did not fix my problem either. So now I can't play HL2 at all, with or without the actual physical real disk! I'm getting frustrated now... help...

Oh yeah, I tried your suggestion too, except for the version of alcohol that u said to try, since I do not already have the copy, is that the latest version or what? and if it isn't, where can I get a copy of that version? I'm currently using a version from the latest blindwrite software, as was instructed at the begining of this thread. Obviously, nothing has worked so far.

Comment

I think it's the dvd version btw, cause the disk doesn't seem to work in my cd drive, but it does work in my dvd drive.

Comment

Hi,
                            I have the DVD version. I made all the things mentionned on this forum:

-create image with BW (I tried both with "Automatic" profile and with "SecuRom New 5(DVD)" profile
                            -make the registry thing
                            -mount the image with Daemon Tools

I am using the latest versions of BW and of DT.
                            And I have the same behaviour as many of us: when I launch either HL2 or CS:S, it connects to Steam, then it opens HL2 in Task Manager, and after 30 seconds, the task disappears and nothing more happen (of course it works perfectly well with DVD inserted).

I AM POSITIVE that I tested anything as described in this forum.
                            I BELIEVE that it works just fine for many of you.
                            PLEASE BELIEVE that it just doesn't work for many of us.
                            Now, if someone with same behaviour than us REALLY succeeds in making it work, pllleeeeaaaaaase advise.
                            Thx!

Comment

EDIT
                              Please don't mention and link to such things :!:

Comment

what the heck do you mean don't mention and link to such things? what things? there were no links in the recent posts.

My problem, is that my disk does not make my game play at all. I tried getting rid of alcohol, DT, BW, got rid of all my virtual drives, moved my dvd drive's drive letter to be the highest letter possible for a dvd/cd drive, I've done everyone's suggestions including valve's and my game does not work, period. My main problem seems to be a disk authentication problem, I seem to not be able to authenticate my disk within some timel limmit. Which is weird since I have already played and beat the game, using this exact disk.

I'm wondering if that registery editing file that was posted on this thread to use as an easier way to get around the securom blacklist could have done other damage? Or something, I dunno... I'm just lost and frustrated at not being able to play the most anticipated game of the past few years...

Comment

Working...
                                X