Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
    try to use curerom 2.0.3.1
    I wasn't able to get HOMMV to work - but my version of CureROM was out of date - 2.0.3.1 works perfectly for me.

Comment

Dawn of War: Winter Assault

Don't know if this helps anyone, but a simple rip and mount of Dawn of War: Winter Assault works just fine with the newest Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.4212. No extra emulation options enabled, just the standard "Ignore media type" and "Launch 'CD/DVD Manager' without 'Ignore media type' function". I think this newest Alcohol randomizes its virtual drive name/manufacturer.

Result of A-Ray scan:
      Code:
      [12:54:53 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [4.06s] ---
      [12:56:02 PM] SecuROM detected -> F:\WA1  [14CD9D18]
      [12:56:31 PM] SecuROM 5.03.13.0144 detected -> C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War\W40k.exe
      [12:56:32 PM] SecuROM 7.00.00.0074 detected -> C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War\W40kWA.exe
      [12:56:33 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [4.78s] ---

Comment

I must dissapoint you, but SecuROM7 is the most "soft & easy" protection at the moment. However new versions introduced several blacklisting measures to Alco120% thus making it very hard (or sometimes even impossible) to use it's virtual drive.
        My suggestion is to fully disable it's SCSI driver or at least turning off the drives and use ONE virtual drive in DT. For anti-blacklisting I recommend EZ-Play component from the BlindWrite package (it works like Pr0t.St0p + it's permament).
        For the "security module" bug switch EXE to Win2K compability mode (sorry if I'm repeating else ones' suggestions).
        Hominis est errare, insipientis in errore perseverare

Comment

HELL YEAH!!!
          Kinlaadare/WolfStar76 your advice was correct but it needed that little extra and that was maciozo's "Win2K compability mode" but NOT of the EXE.

What I needed to do was install Curerom 2.0.3.1, make a profile for my Heroes V where I also indicated the image and drive to mount it to AND select to use the compatibility mode W2K FROM the curerom wizard.

After that last thing all was FINALLY working well!!!

HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

Glad to read that.

By the way, my HOMMV does not set any win2k compatility (I play under x64)
            Carpe diem

Comment

I have followed all of the steps you guys have outlined untill you talk about the win2K compatibility. What field or setting are you talking about?

By the way I am using CureROM 2.0.3.1 and Daemon Tools 4.03H. I made the mds file using Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.4212 and have removed the priveledges off of the scis and MountedDevices registries.

Comment

Originally Posted by unbellum
                I have followed all of the steps you guys have outlined untill you talk about the win2K compatibility. What field or setting are you talking about?

By the way I am using CureYou can force ROM 2.0.3.1 and Daemon Tools 4.03H. I made the mds file using Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.4212 and have removed the priveledges off of the scis and MountedDevices registries.
                You can force the Compatibility mode at CureROM there is an option called 'Force compatibility mode...' when you create a profile. Anither way to set the exe in compatibilty mode is to right-click on th exe file and choose proerties. Then go to compatibility and enable the compatibilty mode for WIn 2000.
                Don't remove the priveledges of the registry files! Undo that. CureROM will automatically do all the things which are necessary to get rid of the SecuROM 7 blacklisting.
                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

this might help a bit

i could see that u had problem with SecuROM 7...
                  just use SecuROM Loader
                  http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=2
                  Last edited by hggf; 30.07.2006, 13:46.

Comment

I have a problem with empire at war, can you help me with it.
                    when i am trying to run it i see the message about my emulator or program to hiede emulator. Pllizz help me i am despered because i thing that i tryed everything.

Comment

How did you create your image (program and settings) ?
                      Did you use any antiblacklisting tools ?
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

S.o.s.

I've got some problems with running Act of War: High Treason. Here's what it reads when I scan for copy-protections:

SecuROM 7.00.00.0001 detected -> H:\AOWHTPC.DAT
                        --- File(s) Scan Finished [5.11s] ---

I made the image file using Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.4212, using a "high" DPM of 16x...

When running the game, it says "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." Editing the registration keys didn't help much, as it just says that it can't verify a security module or something. I mounted the image first with Alcohol then Daemon Tools, but doesn't work. I later used CureROM to fix the stuff, but it STILL doesn't work. Anyone can give me some advice as to how to run my image file?

Comment

Have you tried to point CureROM to the AOWHTPC.DAT file instead of the exe? CureROM will show a warning, but it let's you continue.
                          This seems to be the same as with Sensible Soccer 2006, where the protection also is in a .dat file.

Comment

Ok, I've pointed CureROM to AOWHTPC.DAT as suggested, but it comes up another error saying:
                            "The application has failed to start because ippch20.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

So I re-installed the game and it stills come up with this error. Is there anything I could be doing wrong possibly?

EDIT: I ran a search of C: and found the so-called "missing" file in C:/Program Files
                            Last edited by enemychaser; 06.08.2006, 01:30.

Comment

Try copying it to the same directory the dat file is in.

Comment

I'll clarify things a bit. The file AOWHTPC.DAT is found on the DVD itself (image in this case), so I can't move ippch20.dll to that directory. A scan revealed that there seems to be double copy-protection or something...

SecuROM 7.00.00.0001 detected -> G:\AOWHTPC.DAT
                                SecuROM 7.00.00.0001 detected -> C:\Program Files\Atari\Act of War - High Treason\ActOfWar_HighTreason.exe

Seems like there's SecuROM both on the image file and the .exe file itself. Please advice on how to proceed from here...

Comment

Working...
                                X