No announcement yet.

Sacred Underworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProtectCD uses some total blacklist overkill by registry and driver search, which unfortunately includes even harmless programs like e.g. Alcoholer.
    Would be good if ppl would learn to boycott e.g. ProtectCD and Starforce protected games.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I will do that, starting from Sacred 2 :p
      and whatever SF games

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
        Would be good if ppl would learn to boycott e.g. ProtectCD and Starforce protected games.
        Unfortunately only a small minority of gamers realize how much copy protections mess with their systems. So even if all users of Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% and whatever else potentially blacklisted programs boycotted StarForce and ProtectCD 'protected' games, the publishers probably wouldn't notice anyway... and then, who decides not to buy the new killer game he's been waiting for for the last months or years because he cannot copy it...?

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack this thread and make it a 'flame PCD & SF' one... Just couldn't resist for once.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by pip8184 View Post
          just wondering if anyone has the slightest idea what kind of blacklisting does the VOB ProtectCD 1118 use?
          I just manage to fix the JoWood XProtect/Securom checks on my Transport Giant earlier...
          How did you manage to solve that problem? My transport giant refuses still to start

Comment

Working...
          X