No announcement yet.

How to override a physical CDROM check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to override a physical CDROM check?

Hi every1, i am trying to fool a program (Longman Advanced American Dictionary to be precise) that needs the CD inserted in the drive to run.

I extracted an iso image and mounted it using daemon tools, also i installed the minimal necesary files from the virtual drive, and i figured that by doing that and keeping the iso mounted when i wanted to run it, everything would be all right. Well, it isnt, the executable keeps asking about the CD every time i want to run it, and i am out of ideas as how to proceed.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance...

Scan your disc and installation folder using aray scanner which can be found at www.aray-software.com and post your result here. To create a working copy/image you need to know the used protection.

Comment

Ready, here is the scan:

[18:47:32 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 1
      [18:47:34 PM] SafeDisc 1.40.004 detected -> D:\DPLAYERX.DLL
      [18:47:37 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [3.42s] ---

Thanks

Comment

I'm using Alcohol for this which can be found at www.alcohol-software.com (BlindWrite, CloneCD, DiscDump,... will also do the job) start Alcohol-->Image Making Wizard-->use SafeDisc profile dump the image and mount the MDS file via DTools/Alcohol virtual drives.

Comment

What program did you extract the iso image with?
          Not all software can create a working iso of a safedisc protected title.

*Assuming the iso has been created correctly*
          A lot of older programs require the disc to be in the CD-ROM drive with the first drive letter.
          i.e If a CD-ROM named D: exists then it will not run from E:
          You can try rearranging your drive letters so that the virtual drive is the first.
          Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Actually i extracted the iso using the mkisofs in Linux, like this:

mkisofs -v -J -r -d -D -f -l -L -N -o ./longman.iso /cdrom/

That extracted all the files contained in the CD and created a full iso, without overriding any security protections of course.

I will try what you guys recommend and post back with results.

Cheers

Comment

Done, using Alcohol 120% to extract the image while using the Safedisc profile and mounting it with daemon tools, i got it working. Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

Working...
              X