Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Works!

Download CloneCD
    Make a Image File using the Protected CD function and creating a cue sheet.
    Download Daemon Tools v4
    Mount the image
    Turn on all emulations
    Disable all other cd/dvd drives
    Play Game!

Comment

how i made mine run off of burned disc

I got battlefront II to run off of DVD-R, I used alcohol 120% to burn the DVD image wth RMPS. For some reason, if you try to use daemon tools RMPS or even have daemon tools running BF2 throws an emulation detected fit. If you wanna run battlefront II off of a burned DVD, here's what I have done to get that to work.

1. get disc image
      2. burn image with alcohol 120% with RMPS option on
      3. go to alcohol options and check the following options under the emulation tab, "ignore media type" make sure that is checked, make sure "start without ignore media type" is unchecked, check RMPS.
      4. go to the game folder and look for the executable called battlefrontII, it should be in the gamedata subdirectory, and right click. go to properties, then compatibility, check run this in compatibility mode for windows 2000
      5. I recommend turning off D-Tools, for me it throws a fit and gives me the good ol' emulation detected error.

I'm not sure how well this works for CD-Rom version but I've gotten this to work for the DVD version. Some of those steps may be unneccessary or I may have forgot something, but you get the idea.

Enjoy

Comment

I have read all of the forum About SWBF2 but i am not geting any help with this i am have the some IceFire2050.

Comment

Originally Posted by hansenen
          when mounting the image with deamon tools, and using SR7.Stop_1.0.exe, i get "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original "BattlefrontII" disc
          in drive F:." everyhting else i try, .bat, blah, virtual cd hide, all give me the "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed." what else can i do? is there any one method that for sure works?
          Search for a tool called Securom Burner Loader
          Its designed to this EXACT issue with dt4 and securom 7

Comment

Originally Posted by wantondstrction
            I got battlefront II to run off of DVD-R, I used alcohol 120% to burn the DVD image wth RMPS. For some reason, if you try to use daemon tools RMPS or even have daemon tools running BF2 throws an emulation detected fit. If you wanna run battlefront II off of a burned DVD, here's what I have done to get that to work.

1. get disc image
            2. burn image with alcohol 120% with RMPS option on
            3. go to alcohol options and check the following options under the emulation tab, "ignore media type" make sure that is checked, make sure "start without ignore media type" is unchecked, check RMPS.
            4. go to the game folder and look for the executable called battlefrontII, it should be in the gamedata subdirectory, and right click. go to properties, then compatibility, check run this in compatibility mode for windows 2000
            5. I recommend turning off D-Tools, for me it throws a fit and gives me the good ol' emulation detected error.

I'm not sure how well this works for CD-Rom version but I've gotten this to work for the DVD version. Some of those steps may be unneccessary or I may have forgot something, but you get the idea.

Enjoy
            Thx wantondstrction i did what you sayed and it work TY

Comment

Originally Posted by Setian^Stalker
              Search for a tool called Securom Burner Loader
              Its designed to this EXACT issue with dt4 and securom 7
              Battlefront II is the only game I haven't been able to run using Securom Loader.

I use AntiBlah on my laptop and on my gaming pc I use the very technical method - 'unplugging CD drive' (I don't use it much :wink: )

Comment

Originally Posted by svip
                Battlefront II is the only game I haven't been able to run using Securom Loader.
                Ah yes I think you are right. I never had any issues with this game to start with so that version of securom bf2 uses is most likly older than the ones i reversed for the loader. Sorry :|

Comment

Fix it up and I'll be very happy :P Great work otherwise.

Comment

Aghh

I have the Secure Rom 7 Burner Loader thing... but when I go to the Starwars Battlefront II exe loader in the game files and open it with the Secure Rom 7 it says "Unable to get secret value"

Please help, and thanks in Advance!

Comment

It didnt support battlefront 2. In fact it was only tested on the 2 games i have that had problems. Its just a bonus that people find it works with others.
                      Theres been a recent update to some small parts in securom that make the loader very difficult to achieve so I wont be doing any of that stuff public again to save myself the effort. :| sorry was big mistake to start with hehe

Comment

Originally Posted by Exitilus
                        To get the game to work without the CD. I did the following.

Downloaded Alcohol 120 from

http://www.download.com/Alcohol-120-...=dl&tag=button

installed that, had to reboot.

put the BFII CD in and ran alcohol 120.

Clicked the link on the top left that says "image making wizard"
                        choose the dvd/cd drive with your game in it.

chose the DTM option and choose HIGH
                        click next choose a location and then burn the image. Then it should ask something about what DTM speed to read at, I choose Maximum.

after it is done, go to your daemon tools(v4) and have securerom and rmps turned on.

mount the newly made image.

DISABLE your other IDE cd/dvd rom drives.
                        (right click my computer choose properties, goto hardware tab, choose device manager, and right click on your cd-rom/dvd rom's that are real and choose disable, and hit ok)

you should be able to play your game now without the cd in the pc.

Let me know if that works for you guys, I dont think I left anything out so hope it works for ya
                        ok i did everything u said but now i get the message 'Please remove backup and insert original cd' as wat u get when u first burn the cd with RMPS and Securom on plz help!

Comment

Try using SR7Stop 1.2, maybe it's working:
                          http://rapidshare.de/files/8732016/SR7.Stop.exe.html
                          (Scroll down press free, wait some seconds to get the d-load link)
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

same problem of BlackHawk90

I had the BlackHawk90's same problem..i tried with dt4 and sr7.stop 1.2...but it told me to remove the backup copy....

Comment

so... im emuling with Daemon Tools 3.47 and SR7.Stop 1.0

when i click in Hide on the sr7stop, its crash...

Comment

help plz

i have cat Star Wars Battlefront II and i had it runing bat it stopt working wen i want to start it dis masage apears (A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed) wat do i have to do to get it runing agan ant i have the same ting whit RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 wild

Comment

Working...
                                X