Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with NWN Diamond and Civ4

Ok,

So im trying to make an image of civ4 but all i get is errors. Im using alcohol 120%, though i think it may be an outdated version. Could this have a factor in my problem?

As for NWN Diamond, i've made an image file out of the disk with Alcohol 120% without any problems but i cant get the image file to work when i use deamon tools. I keep getting a msg saying, "Original disc could not be found or authenticated." whenever i try to run the game. i have both sd4hide and sr7.stop.

Im completely lost, any one able to help?

Originally Posted by markopolo
    Ok,

So im trying to make an image of civ4 but all i get is errors. Im using alcohol 120%, though i think it may be an outdated version. Could this have a factor in my problem?
    What kind of errors do you get?
    Read errors are normal since it is a SafeDisc game
    As for NWN Diamond, i've made an image file out of the disk with Alcohol 120% without any problems but i cant get the image file to work when i use deamon tools. I keep getting a msg saying, "Original disc could not be found or authenticated." whenever i try to run the game. i have both sd4hide and sr7.stop.

Im completely lost, any one able to help?
    What protection does NWN Diamond have?
    How did you create that image? What profile did you use?

[EDIT]
    Read this thread that is about the same game, and there you can read what another guy did to make it work.
    Last edited by Methadon; 10.11.2005, 17:22.

Comment

I get something along the lines of, block read error or something like that. Within the first .3% i had like 10 of them.

I dont know how to tell what protection it has...
      To tell you the truth, i honestly dont know what you're asking. Im really new at this and i know absolutely nothing. Anyways, looking at the pictures that the other guy had displayed, i have a feeling i dont even have some of those options...Perhaps i should upgrade to the latest version of Alcohol?

Comment

ok i tried the way the other guy did it and i got it to work. I had to update my version of alcohol to do it but yeah in the end i got it done and NWN Diamond is no longer a problem.

I still cannot figure out what to do about Civ4. Uhm, if it helps i tried to make it into an mds file. other than that i dont know what the heck i did or could ahve done.

Comment

I get something along the lines of, block read error or something like that. Within the first .3% i had like 10 of them.
          That is normal, it is a part of the SafeDisc protection.
          I dont know how to tell what protection it has...
          To tell you the truth, i honestly dont know what you're asking. Im really new at this and i know absolutely nothing. Anyways, looking at the pictures that the other guy had displayed, i have a feeling i dont even have some of those options...Perhaps i should upgrade to the latest version of Alcohol?
          What version of Alcohol do you have?
          You can download a free trial of the new version at their homepage.

Just create an image of the game in Alcohol, using low speed and only use the option "Data Position Measurement".
          You will also need to use SR7.Stop to get it to work.
          Last edited by Methadon; 10.11.2005, 19:47.

Comment

Ok, got the new trial version of alcohol. It fixed my problem with NWN Diamond. Im trying it out with Civ4. After looking through the forums for any possible related problems, i now have a few thing i can try. I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks so far for all of your help Methadon.

Comment

Holy! It works! YAYA FOR ME!!!

I got it to work by running it as safedisc 2/3 and made it into an mds file. Anyways, i downloaded sd4hide and sr7stop. I use the sd4hide for civ4 and sr7stop for NWN Diamond and they all work for me now.

Thank you methadon! For all the help that you have given me and the headaches you have saved me from!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Im such a child sometimes...*SIGH* i definetly need to sleep...

Comment

Working...
              X