Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce and Blitzkrieg 2

Hi,
    I have problems running Blitzkrieg 2 using Daemons v.4 from an image created with Alchool. I've installed the game with the image mounted on Daemons's virtual cd drive, then I tried to use Starforcenightmare and sfcure to disable my IDE drives but when I'm going to run the game this error message displays:" Please insert the Blitzkrieg 2 cd into another cd drive and retry". I tried to pull out the cables from my cdrom drives and to use starfuck and nodedisabler, but I had the same result. Why Starforce can see my ide drives also when they are disconnected from my pc?. Could I do something to solve this problem?. Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Can you tell us more about your PC? Your version of windows and your different drives?

Comment

Well,
      My O.S. is Windows XP upgraded to service pack 2, I have two ATAPI cd-rom units, CPU Pentium 4 2.4 ghz, motherboard model P4 by MSI, DirectX version 9.0c, Roxio and Nero buning rom are installed. I think info about my graphic card and hard drives are not useful. I've red that Nero burning rom and Roxio could interfere with Daemon tool, could it be a possible explanation of my problem?. I tried to run Daemon tool v. 3.47 under Windows 98 ( Daemon v.4 does'nt work under win9x), but after installation and system reboot Windows 98 refuses to detect my virtual cd-rom drive....

Comment

Just an idea :

You've unplugged your cd/DVD drives right? Then, if alcohol is running and has its own virtual drives, disable them all (set device number to 0 in settings).

With DT4, make sure you have only one virtual drive running and if necessary, change its letter in "device parameters" menu.

Then when you open my computer, the DT4 drive is the only one you should see.

Comment

Also disable Slysoft AnyDVD if you have that running

Comment

Ok,
            I did all the things you boys told me, but still the game refuses to work. It's strange, because when I mount the mds image of the DVD Starforce check my disk and then display the error message I previusly noticed. When I mount the mdf image Starforce again check the disk, then the Blitzkrieg 2 launching screen appears, but after 2 seconds a error windows displays and the game stop the loading process. I don't think that the image could be corrupted because the installation goes well....
            I had the same problem with Cold War game that a friend of mine game me as gift, but I managed to disable Starforce simply removing the CD key from the o.s. system registry I previusly inserted. Unfortunately with Blitzkrieg this trick did'nt work.... I don't know why, becouse Blitzkrieg has a older version of Starforce than Cold War. Thanks again to anyone help me to solve this problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

I also have blitzkrieg 2 and the same problem...

Comment

Originally Posted by nicksharp
                I don't think that the image could be corrupted because the installation goes well....
                the image could be corrupted because during the installation there is never a SF copyprotection check...:wink:
                My sysProfile!

Comment

Loodos is right, installing and verifying the disc is two different tasks.
                  You can have a bad dpm image but still install the game.
                  Try making a new dpm image with alcohol latest version.

Comment

You have a laptop, paid your game, and don't want CDs

It is more for information about how I run my BK2 version 1.30 instead of answering directly the 1st post in this thread.
                    I use this procedure for avoiding to carry tons of CDs and play games that I have purchased (no copy from someone, no warez). I play only on a laptop and want to play anywhere I am. Starforece drivers ARE installed. In brief, everything is fine with third parties (game payed, Starforce installed). Nothing illegal, no no-cd, no mini-image coming from 3rd parties, no starf*ck or starforce nightmare. Everything is from you, for you...

What you need:
                    - a laptop with a removable CD/DVD drive (I have a DELL Precision M60).
                    - Alcohol 120% (currently better than CloneCD/Blindwrite)
                    - Daemon 4.03
                    - an external HDD. I recommend the Aluslim from www.macway.com (but in French!), with the USB cable (powered by 2 USBs)
                    - an image of BK2, from your original DVD, made with the standart options of Alcohol 120%, and stored into your external HDD. (I have 108 images stored into my small 2.5 inches Aluslim HDD, and it is big like a very small agenda)

BK2 Environment:
                    - the CD/DVD floppy is removed BEFORE booting the laptop.
                    - Original BK2 installed FROM the image on the external HDD, using Daemon 4.03. Patch 1.3 applied, CD key entered (it is at the back of your original manual)

To Play the game:
                    1-remove the CD drive from the laptop when the laptop is OFF. It is the equivalent of removing cables and soforth for desktops (how boring...)
                    2- connect the Aluslim (external HDD), that contains the image, to the laptop. Then switch the laptop on (the CD/DVD drive is removed).
                    3- mount the image into Daemon 4.xx (or better, have it previously mounted before switching off the computer and removing CD drive)
                    4- run the game: Starforce installs itself and checks the disk. In this case, you have to reboot. If Starforce already installed, it can go straigth and run the game after a disk checking. If not:
                    5- Starforce checks the disk (the external with image; it can be long: more than 1 mn), then say "ERROR the Disc key entered does not correspond to the disc in the drive". Choose: RETRY. The CD key appears (enter it if it is not done yet). Click on NEXT (I usually put the prompt at the end of the key string, as if I entered it again). Starforce will check again the disk and start the game. Sometimes it does not: redo the Retry/Next sequence, and it will start.
                    It can work at the 1st try, or need 2 or 3 tries before catching the image and running the game.
                    If 2 tries fail, just refresh everything: Stop the computer then restart it. Be sure that daemon tool is on (all emulations ON), and run BK2 again.
                    What is sure is that it will work. Sometimes right away, sometimes after a couple of tries or after rebooting. It seems there is sometimes a time-out problem (a usb connection for a 100Gb HDD can be slow, especially when accessing a 4.7Gb file)

Comment

Working...
                    X