No announcement yet.

StarForce new reliase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They made it looser like some allready told here in this Thread that Dummy/fake Images work again.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
      i dont think they made their protection looser...
      so if u had to unplug your IDE with Sf3.6 or previous u will also have to with the new vs.
      the minimages were not working in 3.6 and are working now in 3.7... how do u explain that following your theory?

Comment

I wouldn't call a protection looser just because ISO check has gone (for the moment)
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Yeah, maybe its a mistake. Who klnows.

Lets wait for next versions.
          sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

How did the several folks get Winter Challenge to work?
            I am using DT 4.03 and have had the same success as i did using everything else, None.

Comment

I see over at NFOrce that the SF 3.7 game 'Curious George' has been, how do I say it, circumvented.

I thought SF was untouchable.

Comment

Yes, on some games it is so like you said. Thats because of StarForce has 2 versions, one light and second pro version.

The Pro version is not cracked (Maybe now, dunno) and the light version was earlier cracked too on some different games like Codename Panzers Phase 2 and some others.

Thats what i heard/know, dunno if this is right.
                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Obscure and Toca 2 are two examples of cracking the Pro version of Starforce. But it took ages for that...

Comment

bet on soldier, said by everyone, was the best implemened starforce ever. now it's gone

Comment

sooner or later every copy protection will be cracked no matter how tough it is...
                      My sysProfile!

Comment

I don't know actually if Bet on Soldier was one of the strongest SF versions, but I know for sure that RLD are making good progresses, and that they have new tools to speed up the process ;-)
                        Maybe SF 4.0 will be a new pain in the a*s, but for sure 3.7 is rather buggy!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                          sooner or later every copy protection will be cracked no matter how tough it is...
                          Probably true but the longer it takes to crack the game the longer the time frame that people will have to buy the game if they really, really want to play it.

I would suspect most of the money a game makes is within the first 6 months or so. Certainly within a year. So if a protection scheme holds off the crackers for a year they pretty much met their goal in sales by then. SF seems to be the only game in town so far that appears to be able to achieve this.

You might not be able to protect a game forever but you can buy you enough time so sales aren't affected that much.

Comment

And thats the only thing the Publishers want, nothing more.
                            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Xaos
                              To developers - did you read that? http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=769
                              What are you thinking about it?
                              I'm afraid DT is free,and Starforce is for money.so DT can't catch up with Starforce.

Comment

You can buy and support DT - so DT is not only free If they want to sell DT, they have to catch up.

Comment

Working...
                                X