SF hangs on check disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF hangs on check disc

Ok Im trying to run X3 and UFO mounted on DT 4 and everytime I try to start them it hangs on checking disc. Its using 100% CPU so all I can do is to hit the reset button on the computer. Im running Win XP 64 and I have unplugged all ide cd readers. Still have on ide HD connected.

Strange thing was that it was working yesterday after I installed it but today when I started the computer it just hangs. Any suggestions what to try next?

Have you used any anti-blacklisting tools? Anything yellow exclamation marks or red Xs showing in your device manager? If you plug your IDE drives back in does the game freeze when loading from the virtual drive and when loading from your real CD drive?

You could also try removing, reinstalling, and updating your starforce drivers.

What program and settings did you use to create your X3 image file?
    Last edited by Underheaven; 21.01.2006, 02:22.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Have not used any anti-blacklisting, should not have to with DT 4 right. Cant use starforce nightmare or similar as I am running XP 64. I plugged my cd drive back in and yes it still freezes when having the image mounted. If I dont have any image mounted Im asked to insert the right disc but at least its not freezing. Only exlamation mark in device manger is the printer which is normal for XP 64. Ive uninstalled starforce, uninstalled the game, reinstalled and still the same thing. The odd the was that is was working fine 2 days ago.

Comment

Okay, I just wanted to be sure of a few things- that's why I asked so many questions. But now I'm wondering if the freeze has anything to do with DAEMON Tools. Does X³: Reunion freeze when you try to launch with the original disc inserted? What if you mount or insert a non game disc, will it still freeze?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I think that this happens sometimes with X3, mine will do something similar but after 3 or 4 minutes it will throw up a message that validation failed. If I then try again it usually works.

Think it's something to do with the image file as the copy protection dosn't allways seem to pass with the image, like I say when i try a second time its ok.

Comment

clemento: Interesting.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It's giving me the same problem with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

It's very strange, it will work consistantly, then if I chane the mounted image (it won't let me add any more virtual drives for some reason), it stops working again.

Comment

SF problem

I have got a problem with run kingkong image

Comment

What problem? How did you create your image (format, settings)? What did you do to play the game? Does it work with the original cd's?
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                  X