No announcement yet.

CureROM & Star Wars: Empire at War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get the Emulator problem, Just Unmount the Star Wars game from drive. I got the same mix up, then I realized the K drive had Star Wars mounted, unmounted and it worked.

Comment

I got EAW to run using a perfect BW-image and curerom. All I made sure of is that curerom does not mount the game itself but that you do it manually yourself. Game runs fine
      If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

@Lord_Anubis
        Was this with the 1.03 patch? Or before?

Comment

Wtf?

OK... i have the same problems... if i don't load the image it tells me to insrt disk, if i mount it in DT 4.0.3 : emulation software detected... and if i try to open the game .exe not the luncher, with CureROM_131 it asks for the original CD... i have no clue on how to solve this... Any Bright Ideeas?

Comment

To make EAW work with cure-rom you also have to go inside the system folder and change the EAW exe compatibility to windows 2000. It works fine for me though

Comment

Originally Posted by masteryoda34
              @Lord_Anubis
              Was this with the 1.03 patch? Or before?
              Sorry for my late reply, was absent this week.

Works on both pre-1.03 and with 1.03 (thankfully)
              If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

Originally Posted by invisiblescythe
                To make EAW work with cure-rom you also have to go inside the system folder and change the EAW exe compatibility to windows 2000. It works fine for me though
                This is how I got mine working.

Comment

I still can't get mine working even with compatibility set to Windows 2000. I wonder if Home/Pro versions of windows makes a difference. I'm running Home SP2. Are you people who have it working using Home or Pro?

Comment

For me this game did not work until I moved image to another hard drive. Strange...
                    I use DT 4.03 + CureROM 1.3.1

Comment

Originally Posted by masteryoda34
                      I still can't get mine working even with compatibility set to Windows 2000. I wonder if Home/Pro versions of windows makes a difference. I'm running Home SP2. Are you people who have it working using Home or Pro?
                      I am running Pro SP2

Comment

I've tried everything in the thread but can't seem to get my version to work after updating to 1.3. Before the update, fine. But then I can't get past the 4th mission in the Rebel campaign.

All software is up to date, curerom and dtools.

Comment

Ok, this is wierd. I've had 1.03 working on 3 different systems for more than a week, and now with in a span of 24 hours, they all stop working.

Comment

Yeah, Securom can be really weird like that. I've had the same thing happen to me with a different game.

Comment

its strange, i've done everything thats been tried in this post but my game runs the intro screen and then cuts out back to windows, is this the same problem being experienced by everyone else???

Comment

Great News!

Empire at War v1.03 is working with CureRom v2.0 (Beta) and Daemon Tools. I have tried this myself and it works, here's the method.

1. Get the CureRom 2.0 Beta and install it. http://www.curerom.net

2. Go to create a new profile.

3. On the first page use these settings. http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8991/curerom12mb.jpg

4. And on the second page use these settings.

5. On the shortcut page choose whatever you want.

6. Click Finish.

Now use the shortcut that CureRom created and play the game.

Other: Do NOT check either "Unmount when finished." or the "Force Compatibility".

Comment

Working...
                                X