• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splinter cell chaos theory problem

hi,

I have a problem with scct

when I attempt to play the game it tells me the following:

insert the splinter cell chaos theory pc dvd disc into another drive then press retry

I mounted the original image with dt v.403he and used sfclean
    to remove sf drives

it worked for pop3 and toca3 but with this game it doesn't I don't know why

but pop3 has a newr sf protection for sure so it's confusing

if a anyone has encountered this problem or know how to solve it, please post your ideas

it simply doesn't make sense !!!

For me it works by disabling the right ide-channel and by unplugging my drive.
    When i remove the sfdrivers it needs to installthem again before i can play the game.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

In my case disabling The Parallel ATA Controller, (i have a serial ata hard disk), but i have a motherboard with a Nvidia chipset.
      Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

This may be obvious to regular forum visitors but I'll say this for utd's sake. nforce 3/4 chipsets are the exception. Using software to disable your IDE controller won't work for most people.

There's a sticky on that subject here: SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have an nforce 3 chip set and sata hard disk

as I said pop 3 and toca 3 work fine without sfnightmare or unpluging cables.

I just wonder why scct won't work although it has older version of sf portection ???

any answers ??

Comment

Originally Posted by utd
            I have an nforce 3 chip set and sata hard disk

as I said pop 3 and toca 3 work fine without sfnightmare or unpluging cables.

I just wonder why scct won't work although it has older version of sf portection ???

any answers ??
            i have the same problem.....i made an image with alcohol 120% build (i dont know but it is the newest) dpm high (alcohol said it was succesfull) and it just don't work.. i also downloaded another MDS wich was the same filesize and also didn't work

i have a Nforce 4

Comment

This Is Wierd !

For me Splinter Cell Chaos theory works fine !
              I Have the Oreginal But i dont have a dvd rom (ONLY CD-ROM)
              so I made an image on my dads computer , sent it to mien , mounted* it with Dameon tools 4 (with out using emulation!)
              Instaled it amd it works fine of the image!!

Comment

Thereґs people that updating to version 1.04 they obtained to run their backup.

Can have SCCT mixed protection?
                More of one protection?
                Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

when i try to update the game...the instal of the new patch hangs....(version 1.0 to 1.5 europe)

i have
                  amd 64 4200 x2
                  windows xp home (32 Bit) service pack 2 and all the other updates
                  320 sata
                  nforce 4

Comment

SP chaos thery

any news. is it still unplayable (unmontable)? ?I'd really like to play it

Comment

Originally Posted by xasert
                      any news. is it still unplayable (unmontable)? ?I'd really like to play it
                      It's playable when you use your original cd and when you unplug your drives. Try installing the update patch.
                      For me its also working by disabling the 2nd ide channel.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I certainly dont have any problem mounting my splinter cell even with 1.05 patch.....

somethings wrong with your mds.

Comment

problem solved with scct image

I think i solved the problem with any image from scct , the main thing is to have 2 hard drives
                          one hard drive on a normal cable ( ultra ata 133 , serial ata) and another hard drive an a cd-rom cable (ultra ata 100) anyway with a U DMA Mode 2 transfer mode
                          The secret is that the game must be installed on the first drive and the image must be on the second
                          All most al the starforce protected games worked for me
                          Examples:
                          Splinter Cell Choas Theory , King Kong , suffering 2, Spellforce 2 , gt legends , la rush , ufo aftermath , x3 reunion , ubersoldier , bet on soldier and others
                          If anybody confirms my discovery pls mail me

Comment

Working...
                          X