No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea Nemerov that's why I was asking. My video card doesn't support 1x or 2x pixel shaders and was made for directX7 (Geforce 4 440mx 32mb). Maybe I'll get the xbox 360 version (after I find a store that's not sold out of xbox's).
    Last edited by Underheaven; 24.03.2006, 19:11.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Buying a Xbox is the worst decision you could ever make. Basically, you will spend hundreds of dollars for an entertainment machine with restricted HD playback and probably even without a harddrive. You can play games with it (which is amusing but useless) and watch films with it (interesting, but who needs more than DVD quality?). Buy a better but used graphics adapter instead, try your luck at eBay. Underheaven, it's only entertainment, and you can accomplish much more useful things with a computer (design, program etc).
      The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Re: xbox 360

Hehe, my apartment mate won an xbox 360 and has a check for $399 towards it. So its free and already paid for . And there's an HDTV to hook it up to as well.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well, then I'll approve it. Sure you do want to play the game with Stubbs, don't you?
          The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

I've also just bought this program, hoping it will keep me occupied until the PS3 comes out.

I havent installed Daemon tools yet. But I'd like to make an iso of this disk so I can keep the disk safe and play it from the iso.
            Will Nero 6 OEM and a sony dual layer DRU-800A (I think thats what I got, I'll check when I finish work) be able to save an iso easily enough for this game?

Comment

Best way to answer is to try... By the way the copy protection is just a DVD-Check, so that might run.
              Carpe diem

Comment

Thanks for that it worked fine, using blindwrite to copy the iso, and mounting it with deamon tools.

Actually I think once this game checks for this disk at the start, you can put it away for safe keeping during the rest of the play session.

As it is I installed from the iso, and keep the disk safely in its cover.

Comment

oblivion virtual drive help

hi im trying to make a copy of oblivion to put on a virtual drive cuz my dvd drive keeps on skipping and it takes forever to read the game and its really annoying. I do have the cd its not pirated. ok from what i understand i have to use a program to copy then i can use the drive? plz help im a noob when it comes to this stuff.

Comment

Use for example Alcohol 120% (www.alcohol-software.com) to create an image of the CD (no special settings like DPM are needed).
                    Then mount that image in a virtual drive of Daemon-Tools and play.
                    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

It's not quite true the game doesn't have any copy protection. it does do an ordinary DVD check and I think also looks for some files on the DVD. However it doesn't use any commercial copy protection so images and backups can easily be made.

Galciv2 on the other hand didn't have any in game copy protection. It does however require you to have a CD-key to download updated

Comment

got the game and scanned it no trace or anything just checks the cd
                        I bring MVP's to there knees any mothafucka wanna PVP with me

Comment

Hey

I couldn't Make a new Thread :S
                          But i was just Gonna ask (even if it is Cinda Unrelated)

How do i use iso. Files ?? :S
                          I'm Really a noob in this...
                          No kiddin'... Can i get a Step by step Manual or something?
                          i'm not sure if i'll check this again... so please Send a Reply to hip9pi_man99[remove_the_nynes]@xy.is

Ok?

Thanks! :P

Comment

If people don't even bother to check back for answers, I wonder why they think others would bother to send them emails...
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

To be kinda definitive, Oblivion does not have any protection included. There is only a DVD check. And by the way (at least with the French version), an iso image is OK
                              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                              X