ASR 1.2 hangs my system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASR 1.2 hangs my system

Hope I posted in the right place. Figured one of you gurus might have a solution to my problem.

In a nutshell, ASR 1.2 will just about hang my system when I run ANYTHING with it. I tried solitaire and it hung my system. No protection involved at all. I have to push the good old reset button on my machine to reboot.

At first I thought it was the game I was running but further testing proves it's ASR itself. Game runs with my retail DVD which I had to dig up.

I haven't used ASR in about a month. Today was the first time. Since it last worked I updated SPTD to 1.25. Could this be the problem?

btw... I did redownload ASR from the downloads section just to be sure I didn't have a bad copy.

I also tried the latest version of CureROM. My game ran fine with CR. I tried ASR after I used CR because I know it fixes some bad reg entries but ASR still doesn't work.
    Last edited by streetwolf; 03.08.2006, 17:56.

what os are you using?
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Ahhm you can try:

Load WinDbg.
      Open ASR.exe via WinDbg.
      type g to go.
      Wait until frozen process.
      Break via WinDbg ( Break action from the Debug menu).
      List all the threads within ASR.exe by typing the tilde key:
      type ~

Do memory dump of each thread:

~0 k 99
      ~1 k 99
      ~2 k 99
      ~5 k 99
      ~6 k 99
      ~7 k 99
      ~8 k 99
      ~9 k 99
      ~10 k 99

Now save the contents to a text file (Write Window Text to File... from the Edit menu)

p.s. sorry if this is confusing or a waste or your time
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Using 32 bit XP/SP2.

I thought that maybe my problem would ring a bell with someone else. It's not worth the time to run the debugger to track down the problem. Besides, I can't even bring up Task Manager via Alt-Ctrl-Del so who knows if the debugger would even work.

Oh well..... at least CR works so I can ditch my DVD's again.

Comment

Working...
        X