No announcement yet.

HOW DO I MAKE A CD INTO an ISO file???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DO I MAKE A CD INTO an ISO file???

how do i make a cd into a iso?? i use daemon tools right?

no. dt is for mounting the image on a virtual drive. use alcohol120% instead...
    My sysProfile!

Comment

There are several programs you can use for creating images from CDs or DVDs, the best one, as LooDos said, being Alcohol 120%. Once you've created an image, you can use Daemon Tools to mount that image, i.e. put it into a virtual drive (such that your computer can use it like the original CD).

However, with the release of Daemon Tools Pro in the near future, I'd suggest you wait with buying Alcohol 120% for the time being. Daemon Tools Pro will be able to create images as well, including all the features of Alc120% and more.

There is no release date yet - it'll be released when it's done - but it shouldn't be too long now.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

ok so i downloaded the free trial for alchohol 120% but it cant create an image and says error. im trying to make battlefield 2 into an iso so that i dont need to run the disc.

Comment

a bit more precisely please! which kind of error?!
          dont make an .iso but use the mdf/mds filesystem instead. otherwise u wont succeed tricking the copy protection...
          My sysProfile!

Comment

ISO is not equivalent to image.

An image is a file that contains the whole content of the original disc. There are dozens of image file types, some only contain the files, others contain more exact information such as copy protections.

ISO is one of those image file types, but the least exact one. It doesn't contain any information needed for a copy protection to work.

Don't create an ISO. Create an image in mds/mdf file format - that's Alcohol 120%'s native (and default) image format.

If you get an error, stating that you got an error isn't enough. There are hundreds of them. You don't go to your physician and say nothing but "I'm sick" and expect him to cure you, but rather try to explain your problems as precisely as possible, right?

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              Daemon Tools Pro will be able to create images as well, including all the features of Alc120% and more.
              Actually, it's more like Alcohol 52% than Alcohol 120%. No burning engine in DTools Pro.

Comment

True dat, I had actually forgotten about Alcohol's burning engine - I haven't used it in ages

Comment

Working...
                X