X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starforce to use tages method ????

read this article from starforce:

StarForce receives a new patent!

StarForce Ltd has closed the deal and acquired Argus Prosystem.
    Thus StarForce has the exclusive rights for all technologies and patents developed by Argus Prosystem. This will allow StarForce to improve its positions in the area of copy protection and license distribution control.
    StarForce Ltd and Argus Prosystem have come to an agreement by which Argus Prosystem - the Russian company known for digital content and software protection technologies - becomes part of StarForce Ltd.

The two companies started merging in November 2005 and have now completely closed the deal. The agreement is the result of StarForce recent successful efforts on expanding in the world market.

Therefore StarForce added two more patents to a number of its own in the area of information identification on optical carriers. The invention relates to an optical disc authentication method and apparatus. The method, wherein each disc has a plurality of ways and a plurality of sectors in each way, includes the steps of measuring the quantity of sectors in each of a defined quantity of ways to provide a disc fingerprint compromising way sector quantity values for an original disc and a target disc and authenticating the target disc. The step of authenticating the target disc includes the steps of comparing the target disc fingerprint to the original disc fingerprint to determine a percentage of coinciding way sector quantity values and classifying the target disc according to whether its determined percentage threshold value, wherein a target disc having a determined percentage value of greater than or equal to the threshold value is classified as an original disc, and a target disc having a determined percentage value of less than the threshold value is classified as an illegally copied disc.
    This technology has proven through the years to be one of the most reliable in the market. Its high resistance to professional piracy has helped many of our clients to increase sales and revenue.

StarForce Developers’ Team is constantly working on improving our technologies making them more reliable and user-friendly.

http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=1017

now does the bold bits sound like they are moving to tages like system ? plurality of sectors each way ??? oh oh.... unless i'm missunderstanding this we are fucked. no offense and when dt pro comes with tages support we may be saved, but as users (not loctus for example) please don't say "don't worry, dt pro will fix it"

what do you guys think ????

don't worry. DT Pro will fix it

SCNR

PS: What do you mean with your last statement? That I'm not allowed to answer this?

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
      no offense and when dt pro comes with tages support we may be saved, but as users (not loctus for example) please don't say "don't worry, dt pro will fix it"

what do you guys think ????
      Ok i will say it "don't worry. DT Pro will fix it" LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
        PS: What do you mean with your last statement? That I'm not allowed to answer this?
        no, exactly the opposite.... which you did.
        so if it was a regular user and they would have said the usual:"don't worry, dt pro will surely support it" then that much i myself could have assumed. so since you said it then it must be so. (in other words it matters who the answer comes from)

Comment

ah, now I got you.

Comment

there isn't a game who uses this protection at this time...so it isn't a problem...for now!!

Comment

Originally Posted by chrashoverraid
              there isn't a game who uses this protection at this time...so it isn't a problem...for now!!
              yeah, just look at tages....
              it was exactly in the same boat. the problem is when all of a sudden things change and the it takes several years for cd imaging to catch up. (you obviously don't get it, you would then perhaps also say that an army musn't be prepared for chemical warfare just because so far when they went to war no opponent used chemicals before. that's irellevant, they should have a way of defending against it.)

the old boys:
              -------------
              moto racer 3 = tages
              robocop = tages
              xiii = tages
              beyond good and evil = tages
              and several others including asterix and obelix...

the new and newer boys:
              ------------------------

indigo prophecy = tages
              act of war high treason = tages
              secret files tanguska = tages
              darkstar one = tages
              spellforce 2 = tages
              gothic 3 = tages

and as far as i can tell these ones do not work with virtual cd 8.02 (latest as of today)

also there are several more new titles coming soon with tages.

you really make me angry....
              Last edited by ß; 15.11.2006, 05:02.

Comment

i didn't see that tages protections shouldn't be emulated in the new dt version! i only said it isn't a must for now!! (at least that is what i meant)
                and why do i make you angry??? that wasn't my intention!!

Comment

Darkstar One is ProtectCD, iirc, not Tagкs. But well, could be also different at your location.

Comment

don't you see ??? it's exactly tages that needs to be beaten. ...properly. that means a way to make working images. safedisc, securom and starforce are beaten as of today, except for the every once in a while blacklisting. so unless they change their methods of protection in some major way thay are pretty much dealt with. tages on the other hand is still to be beaten. at least for the masses.
                    and then you come along and say tages is nothing. but i know why, it's because so far you haven't had an issue with tages, in that you probably don't have any titles and thus are not affected. but soon enough there will be plenty more, don't worry. also starforce using tages method has been confirmed, so expect a new starforce, v5 maybe to use tages method which means starforce goes back to an unbeaten protection.

Comment

i've had Farenheit.....that is also Tages...... and yes i didn't have problems with it.....
                      but i didn't have problems with starforce either ( i got Nforce4) so i dont have problems with any protections...... sometimes securerom (but that works with asr... mostly)

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                        Darkstar One is ProtectCD, iirc, not Tagкs. But well, could be also different at your location.
                        exactly, it's tages in AU, mk.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
                          exactly, it's tages in AU, mk.
                          In France too.
                          Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                          X