Old installers don't work from image, work from burned CD of image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old installers don't work from image, work from burned CD of image

This is a pretty weird one. One windows XP and XPx64 when using an ISO image of some REALLY old games (like Lands of Lore 3 from 1999) the setup FAILS to run from the image, saying "insert CD". But when you burn that same image to a CD and try to run it from there, the setup run's successfully.

I am not quite sure if this is a bug in DT, a bug in the setup utility , or a copy protection issue. I think its NOT a copy protection issue since that game probably does not even have copy protection, as its not listed to have one anywhere where I read, plus it works from a disk that was burned in nero from an ISO.

Probably drive letter issue. Try to change the virtual device drive letter to the lowest optical drive letter in system - does it work?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thats EXACTLY what it is... I just finished testing and found that it is indeed the drive letter, and came here to post it to see your suggestion

Too bad I didn't see it earlier, it would have saved me a couple of blank disks and alot of frustration

No problems though, and thanks for the support

Comment

Working...
      X