required cd for BF2142 help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• required cd for BF2142 help plz

I'm having an issue with BF 2142. I made a image with juggle and also one with alchol.. though when i mount the image everything is fine. I can start loading the game with the image though it eventually says plz insert the cd to continue etc. etc...
    I want to be able to do this without the cd of course lol. I just dont know what i'm doing wrong. I know the game requires the one option to run and i ahve that checked... anyone have any ideas what i need to do??
    This is my first time doing this so it could be somethign so simple that i didnt know about.. any help would be appreciated.

What is the protection of the game, and how did you create the image?

Comment

protections is
      Battlefield 2142 SafeDisc 4.70.000

I just used discjuggler and did the copy image option. Not sure f i was supposed to do anything else.. I also used alchol program and used the same option.. is there somthing else i need to be doing? like an option so i have the safedisc on it?

Comment

1. Create Image with Alcohol (Enable "Enhanced Weak Sector Scanner")
        2. Mount the Image (Alcohol or DT)
        3. Run Y.A.S.U and click on cloack
        4. Run the game

This should help.
        Last edited by korn2006; 04.04.2007, 21:03.

Comment

BF2142 required cd

I made my image of my 2142 disc using the Trial version of Alcohol 120 v.(I'll add this later when I get it, it's about 2 versions prior to current 1.9.6.4719).

Daemon version ranges from 4.0 to 4.3he. works good on both.

This image mounts fine on my lan center machines (no optical drives, emulating safedisk) and works on my home machine (with optical drives, no emulation)

Comment

ok so I have the current alchol 120% and DT dled. I used alchol to burn the image to the comp. THen i used DT to mount the image.. i clicked the correct option for emulation ie safedisc... then i started YASU and cloak but when i start the game still asking me for a stupid cd... i also enable the weak to get it to work.. i just dont know what i'm doing wrong. I wish i could get it to work :-(

Comment

Originally Posted by falchonhand View Post
              I made my image of my 2142 disc using the Trial version of Alcohol 120 v.1.9.5.
              Daemon version ranges from 4.0 to 4.3he. works good on both.
              This image mounts fine on my lan center machines (no optical drives, emulating safedisk) and works on my home machine (with optical drives, no emulation)
              I am not running any additional programs like Yasu on either machine.

Sorry, I don't seem to have an 'edit' button for my posts

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my images are of the DVD. I don't know if 2142 comes in CD format.

Comment

i just dont get why its not working. I guess I'll delete everything.. including the game.. then redl alchol and DT and get the image.. do I need to reinstall the game from the image? I dont ahve to burn anything right? lol i'm just driving my self nuts.. i just want to do this so i can use my laptop and have my friend use my desktop to play his account.. sigh.. so much work.. :-(

Comment

Dubldwn, what settings did you use to make your image?
                    What is your drive?

Comment

Originally Posted by dubldwn View Post
                      ok so I have the current alchol 120% and DT dled. I used alchol to burn the image to the comp. THen i used DT to mount the image.. i clicked the correct option for emulation ie safedisc... then i started YASU and cloak but when i start the game still asking me for a stupid cd... i also enable the weak to get it to work.. i just dont know what i'm doing wrong. I wish i could get it to work :-(
                      Try Y.A.S.U 1.07.

Comment

2142 troubles

I've installed from both disk and image.
                        I had a strange problem last night though installing 2142 on another machine. I've been trying to get Command & Conquer 3 to work and it's driving me bonkers. I gave up on it for the night and installed the new copy of 2142 on this machine.
                        DT: 4.08HE
                        Emulation: SecureRom (like all the others)
                        Yasu: not running
                        Optical Drive: dvd player connected (usually it's not)
                        Mainboard: Asus A8N-E Nforce4 chipset
                        I received the error, emulation software detected.
                        I removed DT, restarted, downloaded the older version 3.47 (I can't figure out where our paid version 4.0HE installer is) and it ran 2142. At this point it was almost midnight and I was exhausted. I've also removed the optical drive before installing 3.47 .... 2142 worked with no optical drive on 3.47.

This makes me think (sorry for the poor troubleshooting, I just realised I didn't check it all) that the nforce 4 chipset with no optical drive is acting like having Yasu running.

I'll run some more tests tonight or tomorrow with time permitting.

Comment

nForce 4 is know to be a pain in the ass for the copy protections, even Starforce...
                          Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                          X