Disk Image (iso) mounts fine but then vanishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Image (iso) mounts fine but then vanishes

Heres essentially what happens I mount the iso with no problems the installer opens I enter my serial number It begins installing with no problems until about a 1/3 of the way through at this point the mounted image vanishes and the installer requests that I insert the game CD. I have no clue what could be causing this Ive turned off all my antivirus programs someone on another forum mentioned something about a hotfix for windows xp causing an error with virtual drives but I have no clue what that even means.

Any and all suggestion and help would be appreciated!

okays first of. Never use ISO's for game back ups. They cannot contain all the information that is required by most copy protections

Remake your image using Alcohol 120%. You can download a free trial off their website.

Secondly, post some more info.

What game?
    What copy protection?
    When you remake your image, tell us what settings in Alcohol you used.

You may also need a tool like YASU to prevent the copy protection from recognizing the DT virtual SCSI drive.

Have another go at it

Cheers

Comment

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Daemon Tools as well.

Originally Posted by Chukie1188 View Post
      [...] someone on another forum mentioned something about a hotfix for windows xp causing an error with virtual drives but I have no clue what that even means.
      There may have been an update to Windows XP that prevented virtual drives (such as Daemon Tools') from working properly, but as far as I know, there are no such compatibility problems with the latest version of Daemon Tools at the moment.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

What is YASU??? It's a new one to me

Comment

It's an antiblacklisting tool: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f40/yas...eleased-23591/
          But it can't be used with recent DT versions anymore.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
          X