Possible to burn to a virtual drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to burn to a virtual drive?

Hey so is it possible to make an image of an audio cd? I'm trying to burn songs from itunes to an image and then re-import them to get rid of the copy protection without wasting a cd. Is there any way to do this? Any software that will let me do this?

Daemon Tools is not a virtual burner, that is beyond the scope of the project. So what you're trying to do is not possible with Daemon Tools.

However, there are other ways to remove the DRM from the music you bought from the iTunes Music Store (iMS). By searching google for remove drm itunes you'll probably find what you need.

Be advised though that you'll decrease quality by reencoding from one lossy audio format to another. The m4a format iMS uses is lossy, i.e. introduces a quality loss from the original CD. If you take this file and convert it to e.g. mp3, you'll take the inferior-quality audio and add another layer of quality degradation.

(Simplified) Example: If you compress to 2/3 quality with m4a and then again to 2/3 mp3, you'll be left with a 1/2 quality audio file (as compared to the original).

I understand that you may need to convert your files because your player doesn't play m4a files, but don't just throw your original files away, they have superior audio quality.

Again, this is way beyond the scope of Daemon Tools, for audio-related discussions, I suggest finding a forum such as hydrogenaudio.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X