Make an (Iso?) Of a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make an (Iso?) Of a game

My Warcraft 3 CD starts to get scratchy (^^) And I want to backup it before it is to late(I got another CD, so if it goes boom, I can always use that(But I don't want to open the extra CD yet... Therefor I want to make an ISO (Or other mount file) of my Warcraft 3, I don't know how to use any of the Alcohol programs, nor discjuggler so I need a bit of help.

Thank you.
    One sheep - Many Sheepah.

First, you need to use ProtectionID to scan the disc and/or install directory and determine the copy protection. Then open Alcohol and select Image Making Wizard. Choose the appropriate copy protection from the list and use MDS for the image format. Then just select a location, save it, and mount the image to the virtual drive. Being an older copy protection, it should work without any special tools. If it doesn't, use YASU to play.

Comment

dont make an iso though, iso's generally can't handle the protection data (as its not recorded)
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Well, what file format do you suggest to use then?
        Mdf?(Or Mds... Bah W/e :P)

Comment

Mhm... When I scan the directory, AND CD, it says it's an unknown protection.... :S (Or none?)

Comment

And one more thing.... Should I use the NEW CD to make an image, so it maybe wont be bugged with the cracks in the cd etc (Or not?)

Comment

pretty sure warcraft 3 was securom, and yes mds/mdf format is recommended... iso definately will not work

also make sure you're using the latest version of protectionid too..

Comment

Originally Posted by kakemann123 View Post
                And one more thing.... Should I use the NEW CD to make an image, so it maybe wont be bugged with the cracks in the cd etc (Or not?)
                Cracktalks not allowed here. And if you have a crack on the CD, then this cannot be an original.

And, as said evlncrn8, mds/mdf is recommended. You'll need to use alcohol 52% for that, or you can use BW6.
                Last edited by Kinlaadare; 03.05.2007, 00:20. Reason: typo
                Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare View Post
                  Cracktalks not allowed here.
                  think he meant a physical crack, rather than a crack folder or crack exe m8

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare View Post
                    Cracktalks not allowed here. And if you have a crack on the CD, then this cannot be an original.
                    Stop the shooting, sheriff.
                    He clearly meant physical cracks on the cd's surface.

Comment

Oups.
                      My fault. Was tired
                      Just hope kakemann123 won't feel offended

By the way, if the CD has too many scratches on it, make an image oif it won't really help...
                      Carpe diem

Comment

He already said he has a second one that's not scratched up if the first one's already too far gone.

Comment

Originally Posted by Elandril View Post
                          Stop the shooting, sheriff.
                          He clearly meant physical cracks on the cd's surface.

Yes.... Of course I didn't mean crack files on the CD ^_^ Thats kind of stealing, and welcoming viruses etc into the computer....

But okay,
                          1) I'll get the latest version of Alcohol 52%
                          2) I'll (?.....) Open the .Exe file with Alcohol??
                          3) After getting .mds image, I'll just mount the image with Daemon tools?

Step 2 Is unclear to me, I've never got it... Last time I tried I kinda messed up computer.. Had to restart etc :|

Comment

Gosh you're slow But yes, I got a second one(Got it for about 12$, since its soon out of sale(Everyone wants WoW now...) I thought I could buy it since I had started to experience startup problems with my other CD(And even got a CD key so a friend can play same time as me )

Comment

You need to put your CD in your drive.

Alcohol is not here to make things on the exe of the game, just to make a copy of the binary structure of the CD, so the CD in the virtual drive will appear as the real CD. You just need to know what is the protection used... then follow the tutorials present everywhere.
                              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                              X