X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evlncrn8
    replied
    no problems, happy to help that bit of the code needed rewritten anyway, you just 'pushed' me to do it

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    The new beta works.
    Snapshots have been sent to you by PM.
    Thanks for your work.

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    OTL,
    That is really a problem.
    So after this post,I can use PM.

Hope for new version.

Leave a comment:

• Reef
    replied
    I think he needs 20 posts to be able to use the PM system. He's got 19 right now, so one more and he's good to go

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    hi, might have a new beta for you to check to see if the problem disappears (i think it might), i don't appears to be able to send you a private message on the board here, so it could be a bit tricky sending you a link for the next beta, but we intend to release another version in about 1-2 days

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    Even with the default Windows XP theme.I found the problem exists.

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    and if you use one of the microsoft themes?

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    It seems not work for other theme either.

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    got the files, the patch is to allow you to run any themes (without the patch you can only use signed ones).. correct?, if so, does the problem happen if you use another theme (and this patched uxtheme.dll file) ?.. if not, then the problem is in the theme itself.. if so then the patch in the dll isn't a good one

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    yup, cdkiller will get it (he handles that email account), so i'll get it when he checks his mail... then i'll let you know.. though to be honest, the problem is in the modified dll (i suspect some registers or some structures get trashed, which in turn mess up window locations) and i suspect that the problem would also happen in some other exe's / programs out there, if its an easy fix i can tell you what you will need to patch in the dll, but if its not possible or easy then im afraid things will stay as they are

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    Umm,as I donot have your email.
    So I just sent it to protectionid@hotmail.com.
    Hope that is right.

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    only way i could fix it would be if you send me this patched uxtheme.dll (which is a bit 'out of scope' development wise), however the problem is the fact that the dll is patched (and probably badly, because of the outcome), the problem is in the patch, not in pid (clearly this is evident because if you dont use the modified uxtheme.dll then the problem doesnt happen)

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    seems that you are right.
    Caused by patched uxtheme.dll.
    Hope for a fix.Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    hmm okay, logical question next then ...

if you don't use this modified uxtheme / areao4.2 based mod does the problem go away?

(working on the code for the resizing stuff at the moment to try and fix this, but if the problem comes from that modded dll then it really should be fixed, and not protection id)

Leave a comment:

• rockmanxy
    replied
    heheh about 20 minutes ago i had the sudden idea 'hey, why not message that person on the dt forum and ask for a screenshot...'

seems my mind was read
    hehe,Maybe.

i might have some beta exe's for you to test if the problem is fixed, is it ok to pm you links to them as/when they're ready?
    Of course OK.

couple of extra questions :

1. are you using any themes etc? (apart from the strange font)
    2. are you using anything like windowblinds etc?
    3. have you changed the dpi of the system to anything that isn't 'normal' (96 dpi) ?
    1.Yes,areao4.2 based mod.Only changed font to tahoma 8 by myself.
    2.No,just patched uxtheme.dll.
    3.Yes,it is normal:96dpi.

it seems every window is being screwed location wise, pretty bad actually, i've definately not seen something like this before
    I found my windows xp corrupt and it cost me about 1day to reinstall my OS and recover software.
    Luckily I found the problem still exists.
    Cheer I can still reproduce it.hehehe.
    PS:I thought what I can say if I can not reproduce that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X