Problems running Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 with DT Pro Adv.+YASU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems running Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 with DT Pro Adv.+YASU

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to using DT but I went through a lot of readings and decided to give it a try. My problem encontered the first time when I'm trying to run Vegas 2 with DT ProAd + the lastest version of YASU (1.40?) but it seems that it still can't pass SecuRom. I'd ripped a MDS/F file from the original game disk with Alcohol 120% and was able to mount the image. But when I want to start the game, it kept asking me to insert disc to the disk ROM. I tried turning on and off all the Safedisk, SecuRom features but still in vain. Can anyone figure out what's my problem?

What version of DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced are you trying this with? Are you using an IDE or SCSI virtual drive?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have some weird problem with Rainbow Six Vegas 2 too.
      The game refuses to launch (asking for DVD rom), with or without YASU (i'm using DT Lite 4.30.1) if i launch a Securom protected game before.

If i reboot the computer -> RSV2 launches fine

If i disable access in registry (simulating a securom game launch) :
      "regini \Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1 []" --> RSV2 does not launch

If i restore access in registry :
      "regini \Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1 [1 5 7 17 21]" --> RSV2 does still not launch
      Same if i fine-tune access rights to each "people": full access to administrators, read only for the rest of the world, etc

If i reboot the computer -> RSV2 launches fine.

Anyone knows how can i fix this without rebooting ?

Comment

Is the original's behaviour the same?
        Have you tried your DT Pro version?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

You shouldn't need any anti-blacklist tools for R6: Vegas 2...

I made and image a few months ago and it worked by just mouting the image on a virtual drive (DT Lite and/or Pro).

PS: I'm running R6: Vegas 2, patch 1.03.

Just one more note i'd like to add, when i made the image with DT Pro for R6: Vegas 2, I used the SecuROM profile by mistake, but it still worked just fine...
          Mail:
          curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

@sYk0
            could you share your mds/f mini image ? thank you very much!

Comment

@hugeimg
              Unfortunately Mini images can't be created for newer Safedisc versions.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                @hugeimg
                Unfortunately Mini images can't be created for newer Safedisc versions.
                huh? I donot get it ?

Comment

You were asking sYk0 for a mini image for R6 Vegas 2 - which he btw. never talked of
                  Due to the way Safedisc 4.85 checks the disc mini images can't be created anymore - in contrast to older Safedisc versions.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                    You were asking sYk0 for a mini image for R6 Vegas 2 - which he btw. never talked of
                    Due to the way Safedisc 4.85 checks the disc mini images can't be created anymore - in contrast to older Safedisc versions.
                    oh, i c! u mean the image created by him was the whole DVD(4.9gb), and mini image can't be created.

oooooops!

Comment

wonderful! thanks for the info..
                      Last edited by Sway; 12.08.2009, 04:50. Reason: Advertising links

Comment

Working...
                      X