Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Empires Collector's Edition DVD

Hi.
    I have installed a 'Age of Empires Collector's Edition' from a DVD copy I created using Alcohol 1.9.7.6221. I was able to install from the image but when I try to run it, it gives a securom error stating 'insert the original disc'. While creating a copy I used the 'Securom' option. DPM was set to 1x and then 2x but I got a message that correct DPM could not be found. The drive is Sony Q120A and is supported by the alocohol version as per the info on their site.
    The game runs fine from the original DVD.

Worked.

Hi.
    Thanks for assistance through previous posts and from Blazkowicz. It is working now.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 11.08.2009, 11:33.

Comment

But how?

I'd love to read the solution. I've got the same problem, bought "AoE Collector's Edition" recently and A-Ray Scanner says the protection is SecuROM 7.0xxx. I created an MDS/MDF image using Alcohol (SecuROM profile, DPM set to high, DPM read speed 1x or 2x) and the game won't run, demanding me to insert original disc. I also tried to create image with Daemon Tools Pro trial - this time AoE was "thinking" for about 1 minute (and the cursor changed to "AoE reading disc"-cursor), but in the end it wouldn't run either. Of course it runs fine from the original DVD and installs from the images I created (even from a regular ISO).

Comment

Then use another drive to create your image and also use other DPM read speeds.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

It worked! Looks like the Daemon Tools Pro-created image was the way to go, I just forgot to use SecuROM Loader to run the EXE. Although today I created the image using 4x DPM read speed (& the same drive), I guess the yesterday's image (2x DPM read speed) would be fine too. Anyway, thanks for the hint.

Comment

Nope, it worked only once. Now the cursor won't even change to AoE's "loading disc". Almost immediately it tells me to remove the disc and insert the original one.

Comment

Working...
            X