Plz help a newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz help a newbie.

I have downloaded Daemon Tool Pro evaluation to see if I can use it to copy game discs and DVD movies to my lap top hard drive so that I can play the games or watch the movies when I am away from home, without the need to carry the discs.

The first disc I tried, Rome Total War worked fine as a "data disc" and can be loaded into the virtual drive and works just as if the physical disc was inserted, however subsequent discs have failed. I think this is because of the protection, but I need the idiots guide to how to overcome this?

I have tried Harry Potter 5 DVD, also EA Sports Premier League Manager 2001 ( I know I'm out of date but that's me all over! ) and both error after only a few seconds.

Can you explain to me, a bear of little brain, what I need to do, or will Daemon not handle these discs?

I appreciate any help you can give,

Regards

First scan the installation directory of a game/app with a Protection scanner like ProtectionID or Burnout.
    You can also first check our own Database, or for a little older titles e.g. the one at Copybase.

Then accordingly choose a Profile for image creation as described here.
    Last edited by Terramex; 20.07.2009, 18:28.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

thanks for your help. i have done that with Premier Legue Manager using protectionid, it identified a protection system which matched one of the options in Daemon, so using that profile I have managed to image the disc, however for the HP5 DVD it shows CSS / CPMM which doesn't match anything in Daemon. is there anything I can do?

Comment

DAEMON Tools can't backup protected movie DVDs.
        For protected movies you have to remove the protection; otherwise it can't be burned back to DVD.
        And removing things isn't and never was the approach of DAEMON Tools + it's not permitted in many countries.

Best free solution to backup movies to HDD is DVDFab HD Decrypter.
        And DVD Shrink 3.2 in terms of quality is still the best free app to re-encode and/or edit larger
        contents to fit on a DVD5. It can also handle CSS/CPMM, but no current protection schemes.
        Last edited by Terramex; 21.07.2009, 12:18.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I'm not really bothered about burning the image back on to disc, just getting a playable image onto hard drive so that I can keep a few movies on my laptop, and after I've finished with them either delete, or perhaps move them to a library on an external hard drive.

I see DVDFab has an evaluation version, and offers the ability to copy just the main movie feature, which sounds convenient. I'll have a look at that. It may be I need to run DVDFab to do DVD Movies and Daemon to look after my game and application discs, though I was hoping to find one application to do both

Many thanks for taking the time to explain things simpy - your help is very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X