"Insert CD-ROM" problem/error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Insert CD-ROM" problem/error

So, I just installed Daemon Tools Lite so I could run a copy of Warcraft III and its expansion. I've sucessfully installed and mounted the two discs, but when I go to run them, I get to the autorun game menu(Where you can run, install DirectX, ect), but when I click on the Run option, it asks me to insert the actual CD(Which is what I thought Daemon Tools was supposed to prevent.)
    The only thing I can thing of is that I mounted the discs incorrectly. I've checked the online manual, but I can't find anything relating to it. Maybe someone can give me a quick walkthrough on mounting/running the discs?

I'm a first time user, obviously. >.>

Since Patch 1.21b there is no CD check anymore.
    So just apply the latest patch.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Version: 4.30.4.0027 SPTD Version: 1.58

I think its already the latest version, unless you have to manually apply the patch or something.

Comment

If you sucessfully installed the image(s) should be mounted correctly.

Yesterday evening i've tried Reign in Chaos (don't have Frozen Throne) patched to v1.23a
        -> no CD needed to start the game.

Just start your game with your original and check the version in the main menu.
        Last edited by Terramex; 04.08.2009, 09:54.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Alright, got it to work. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X