Annoying problem installing Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying problem installing Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

So I have an mds and mdf image of Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper. I mount in in the IDE drive of Daemon Tools Pro Advanced Trial 4.35.0306.

I double click on setup.exe and then the installation launches. When I select the default install directory, I click on install.

An error comes up telling me there is not enough disk space to install these options. Clearly, I have 39 GBS of free space left...

I tried everything, YASU, DTLite latest version, EVERYTHING!

HELP!

DXDiag log below.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Not a protection issue.
    Also how did you create that image?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I got it from a friend that lives nearby on a USB. He told me to try out the game.

Did you look at the DxDiag file?

Comment

@danvasiljevs
        As Blazkowicz already mentioned this is no issue related to the copy protection or even DAEMON Tools.

Therefore please contact official support or post your details in this thread:
        Sherlock Holmes :: View topic - [FIXED] Can't install due to "not enough space to insta
        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 30.08.2009, 18:08.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Actually, im pretty sure it is a protection issue. I tried to install the game from this computer to my other computer through the network.

That hard disk has over 300 GB left and same problem...

Comment

Also, I looked at the official forums and the only solution for people who have that issue is "Disable Daemon or any other emulation software".

Comment

Try installing from original and you will see it isn't a protection issue.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by danvasiljevs View Post
                Also, I looked at the official forums and the only solution for people who have that issue is "Disable Daemon or any other emulation software".
                If you read the linked thread carefully you'll find statements like:
                I completely uninstalled it from my computer, but it didn't help
                P.S. I always have Daemon tool running too! That did not cause any problems when I installed
                Though it's about Vista, that thread revealed that it might be a problem with missing administrative privileges.
                Either way, posting in the official Tech Support forum is the best way to go
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by danvasiljevs View Post
                  a "not enough space" issue have never to too with an Emulator!

this is simply a bug !

@blaz any news about our "problem" ?

Comment

Working...
                  X