emulating "Primal 3D Interactive Series Complete Human Anatomy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emulating "Primal 3D Interactive Series Complete Human Anatomy"

I recently purchased the title mentioned above and am trying to make a working backup. I used Daemon Tools Lite to create an .mds DVD image, and I could use this image to install the software, but when I try to run the program I get an error saying I need to insert the correct DVD. Using DTL, I don't see any options to fiddle with the copy protection settings when creating the image.

Any help appreciated.

PS: This product was purchased legally from Amazon.com.

Please scan installation folder with Protection ID to determine used copy protection.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Protection ID reports: SecuROM Signature v 4.85/5/7 (or higher)

Now what?

Comment

Would you please also scan the installation folder on the hard drive - not only the DVD.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Oops, sorry. Here is the output from scanning the installation folder:

ProtectionID Protection Report (txt format)

08:40:17 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\foot.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:18 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\hand.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:19 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\head.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:20 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\hip.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:21 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\knee.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:22 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\pelvis.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:23 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\shoulder.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:24 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\spine.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:25 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\thorax.exe | Securom 7.02 (?)
          08:40:26 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\tx32.dll | Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check
          08:40:27 | C:\Program Files\Primal Pictures\Complete Human Anatomy\uninst.exe | Nullsoft SFX Setup v2.03

Comment

Create your image with DAEMON Tools Pro as described here using the New SecuROM profile.
            DT lite isn't capable of performing the required D(ata) P(osition) M(easurement).
            First try with maximum DPM speed; if that doesn't work try again with lower DPM speed.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Pro Standard or Pro Advanced? Or does it matter?

Comment

No, it doesn't matter.

Comment

So I had to download an evaluation of the Pro version to complete the process and it works. However, once my Pro trial runs out and I switch back to Lite, will the Lite version be able to mount the "unlocked" mds/mdf files with no problem just like the Pro version does?

Comment

Originally Posted by docyoung View Post
                    ...will the Lite version be able to mount the "unlocked" mds/mdf files with no problem just like the Pro version does?
                    Yes, DT lite will do the job

Comment

docyoung and terramax I have the same original dvd with exactly the same protectionId log. With less luck then docyoung. Burned the image as terramax adviced with the most recent trial dt pro even with lower dms. Installation from the image works but when I try to run the program it asks to put the correct dvd in my original drive.I have to say that before I found this forum I tried making images with no succes using other programs like blindwrite, alcohol 120%, yasu, a-rayscanner, dvdshrink and I'm not so familiar with this programs. So maybe the securom protection finds traces elsewhere.
                      I could use some help.thx

Comment

@mpburd87
                        Would you please quote the exact error message you're getting ?
                        Which brand/model is your dvd drive ?
                        Last edited by Terramex; 12.12.2009, 17:59.

Comment

thx for the quick response.
                          The message is 'please remove disc from current cd/dvd drive and insert original disc in drive F'.
                          dvd drive is TTSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N rev. 0503
                          The virtual H drive is created by daemon tools. The virtual G drive I don't know, maybe alcohol 120, dt lite?

Comment

Try using YASU or DTE and cloak, it may help when seeing that error.
                            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

dte 3.0.15.0 can cloak the drive only for safedisk not for securom and yasu doesn't react when I try to mount the image. Manually loading the startup file crashes the program.

Comment

Working...
                              X