Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need .mds files with dpm information for a couple games..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need .mds files with dpm information for a couple games..

My DVD-RW drive is unable to extract the dpm information for newer versions of Securom, therefore I need .mds files for a couple games which contain dpm information.

I've been thinking about buying a new DVD-RW drive, but don't have the money to afford it at the time.

I need a .mds file with dpm information for the following games:

Grand Theft Auto 4 (American NTSC-U Version)
    Dead Space (American NTSC-U Version)
    Crysis (American NTSC-U Version)
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Grand Theft Auto 4: LINK (should also work for US version)
    Crysis: LINK 1, 2
    Dead Space: no need for the DVD - just activate
    Last edited by Terramex; 08.01.2010, 12:36.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

And what is your drive model?
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
        And what is your drive model?
        If nothing has changed his model is still Sony DRU-810A, which is a rebadged BenQ 1640.
        I can confirm that this drive can't do DVD DPMs.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Well I was able to extract DPM for Securom 4.x/5.x, but DPM extraction totally fails with Securom 7.x and later.

Would help to know some decent DVD-RW drives which are capable of DPM extraction and won't break my wallet, at least no more than $20 - $30 for a decent DVD-RW drive.

Anyways thanks for the links, I wasn't aware Dead Space didn't require the disc to be in the drive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xtreme2damax View Post
            Well I was able to extract DPM for Securom 4.x/5.x, but DPM extraction totally fails with Securom 7.x and later.
            Do you remember whether it worked with DVDs as well ?
            Cause i never had success with my BenQ.
            Would help to know some decent DVD-RW drives which are capable of DPM extraction and won't break my wallet, at least no more than $20 - $30 for a decent DVD-RW drive.
            Sony Optiarc AD-7240S/7241S (Lightscribe)/7243S (Labelflash) - which DPM capabilities i've posted here (german).
            Very good burn quality, but a pretty loud drawer when opening with no disc inserted.

Reviews:
            Optiarc AD-7240S DVD burner review MyCE
            Optiarc AD7240S
            CDRLabs.com - Sony Optiarc AD-7240S 24x DVD±RW/RAM | Reviews
            Last edited by Terramex; 08.01.2010, 20:07.

Comment

It was a hit and miss with DVD's, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Comment

For some reason Crysis keeps throwing an "Emulator Detected' error at me. I've tried using Yasu to no avail and still receive that error. -_-

Comment

For some reason Crysis keeps throwing an "Emulator Detected' error at me. I've tried using Yasu to no avail and still receive that error. -_-
                  Unfortunately SecuROM 7.36.0007 (used in Crysis 1.2 & 1.2.1) only works in the virtual IDE drive
                  of DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced or with DAEMON Tools lite versions 4.12.3 and 4.12.4.

Look also here: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f18/spe...93/#post111786
                  Last edited by Terramex; 10.01.2010, 18:56.

Comment

Weird, Crysis is almost a two year old game and I have newer games which work fine with DTLite and Yasu without the need for DTPro with the Virtual IDE. :/

Comment

...without the need for DTPro with the Virtual IDE. :/
                      This is the only older SecuROM version that doesn't work with current DT lite (+YASU).
                      I know it's suboptimal, but as i mentioned it also works in vSCSI of 4.12.3 and 4.12.4 - without YASU.
                      There's a link to 4.12.4 in the other thread.
                      Last edited by Terramex; 11.01.2010, 18:36.

Comment

my crysis works with my mini image and latest DT lite on Win7x64, and the following info would be useful for you:

crysis 32 won't work with mini image loaded in DT lite on Win7x64
                        crysis 64 does work with mini image loaded in DT lite on win7x64

maybe you could try crysis 64 then

Comment

Working...
                        X