No announcement yet.

DVD PC GAMES. HOW TO BACK THEM UP. ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD PC GAMES. HOW TO BACK THEM UP. ????

Hello everybody.
    I am starting this therad in the hope of getting all the people with this problem talking together in the same place.
    I have Deus EX IW and Silent Hill 3 for the pc. they are both in DVD format and i have done everything i know in trying to back them up.
    I scaned Deus Ex with Clony XXL and it comes up with Securom new as the copy protection. but the drop down menu for the copy protection in Alcohol 120% is not there when i select my dvd burner yet it is there for my cd burner. i have also tried Nero 6, blindwrite and DVD decrypter but to no avail. I can make the image but it never works.
    My dvd burner is a pioneer 106 and i have ordered the new liteon sohw drive so i will be able to get an idea whether it is the drive or the software.
    maybe it is just a matter of settings on the drive but i am no expert, i just want to back up my new games.
    I hope this gets things moving because it's only a matter of time before all games will be on dvd.
    Please post any information or help that you know or find in this thread for pleople like me that are sick of the "If not then try try again" thing.

Thank you kindly.
    riaz

p.s i have used this site for a long time i'am just not a big poster. love it by the way.
    thanks again.

Although I already wrote this in another thread here is the solution again:

Use Blindwrite 5.15 (no special settings needed) and use the image with D-Tools 3.46. That's all. BW 5 can do DPM on DVDs - Alcohol can't at the moment.

Comment

Does it mean that I will be able to burn (to set on another DVD) a image of deus ex IW DVD version if this image is created by blindwrite 5.15
      ???

Comment

for now there is no burner (cd/dvd) which is able burn dpm for use w/o emulation, because the image is perfect, but the burned won't be. just like safedisc1 on a burner w/o raw-writing.

Comment

Yes and more :

DVD burner cannot burn in RAW DAO, that explains why safedisc 2 protected games on DVD or not burnt correctly.

DVD DPM (RPMS) emulation is not implemented yet in DAEMON TOOLS (and ALCOHOL for the image creation), this is why it is not possible to create a DVD SECUROM backup which can work in RMPS emulation mode.

Olivier

Comment

Working...
          X