SACRED newest patch1.55beta9 prevents emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is another way to play Sacred with an Image:
    I used the german Sacred version and it only worked with Patch 1.5 so far, with higher Patches I get a BSOD (IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error :shock But feel free to try it.

1. Install Sacred, download Patch 1.5 and install it.
    2. Mount the Image with D-Tools, RMPS on
    3. Now open up Windows Explorer and go go to your Sacred DIR.
    4.Run updcheck.exe and right after that, without (too much) delay, the sacred.exe
    5. Just sit there and wait.

Somehow, the running updcheck.exe prevents sacred from running the cd check correctly, so that ur game will start.

So everytime you want to play sacred, repeat step nr.4, and here we go *g*

Comment

Wow Thanks! That actually does work

Aagh! Worked only the first time i tried.. now it doesn't work again, odd

Comment

Rename deamon.exe can help im not sure

close the tray before using this

safe this as, anyfile.vbs
        Code:
        Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
        Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        Dim WshShell

'exit deamon-tools, close the tray before using this script 

Const DaemonExt= """c:\program files\deamon.exe"""

Const Virtua = """c:\any path to your image file"

WshShell.Run DaemonExt &"-mount 0,"& Virtua &"\only the file name.iso""",1 ,true
        WshShell.Run DaemonExt &"-rmps on"

'done, rename daemon.exe 

Set oFile = fso.GetFile("C:\Program files\d-tools\daemon.exe") ' Create File object.
        oFile.Name = "daemon.old" 

WshShell.Run """c:\your game path sacred.exe""",1 ,true

'waits for user to end the game  ,1 ,true
        'not sure if the wait method works (i dont have the game)

Set oFile = fso.GetFile("C:\Program files\d-tools\daemon.old") ' Create File object.
        oFile.Name = "daemon.exe"

WScript.Sleep 2000 ' 2 seconden

WshShell.Run DaemonExt &"-unmount 0"

Set WshShell = Nothing

WScript.Quit()

Greets Jeroen :shock:
        Greets and thanx for the great tool, Deamon Tools

Comment

Originally Posted by CongoMan
          today i read a lot about blacklists of daemonscript. though i cannot conform this, i wrote a small script for the windows scriptting host. perhaps you'll need to adjust the folder to correctly locate the d-tools.
          place in in your game folder and execute it. needs windows scripting host to run. wonder if they'll blacklist that, too!
          unfortunately I can't get that to work - even though I too am using wsh to launch games

Has anyone figured out what could be done about it?
          I am running sacred latest patch even the 1.66c

Comment

I'm still running DeamonScript to start Sacred (1.66C) and it works great.

I've done it by using both a CD-RW and a CD-R, only about 1 out of 10 times do I get the "Disc verification error".

This is the US version though.
            I do NOT endorse piracy in any way.
            But I believe you should be able to make a personal backup.

Comment

New version of Alcohol

I know this forum is for daemon tools, but I was able to use the new Alcohol v1.92 build 1705 with VOB 5 protection setting and make a usable copy of my Sacred disk 1. This was for the US version with patch 1.66 loaded. Alcohol must then be running with RMPS emulation selected :twisted:

This may help out until daemon tools has its next release and fixes the blacklist problem for this game :?:

-D

"Keep the faith, don't bootleg" 8)

Comment

It doesn't work with the latest alcohol (1.9.2), its still blacklisted. I've done a scan on the sacred executable and it scans the complete section of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uni nstall\
                as well as
                HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi

If it finds Alcohol there or daemon tools it will not run.

I have been able to get Sacred to run with v1.6.6 but only once with each boot of the pc. Also this will only work if its the original disc. Its just nice to be able to play and have alcohol installed too. Now you must remove Alcohol's emulation files located in:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Which are a347bus.sys & a347scsi.sys (just archive them up and delete them). Now reboot and once you've got the pc rebooted run Sacred right away. After about 5 secs press the eject button on your cdrom and it shouldn't eject but pause then spin up and then shortly load after. Try it a couple times, I can get it to work about 90% of the time this way.

If you try and run Sacred again without rebooting, it will not run. I don't have daemon tools installed right now or daemonscript so I dunno if this will work with them installed.

Once your ready to use Alcohol, just extract the alcohol's files back to its original place (alcohol will still load without them, except you can't mount anything or use emulation).

Comment

Originally Posted by Twisted EndZ
                  It doesn't work with the latest alcohol (1.9.2), its still blacklisted. I've done a scan on the sacred executable and it scans the complete section of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uni nstall\
                  as well as
                  HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi

If it finds Alcohol there or daemon tools it will not run.

I have been able to get Sacred to run with v1.6.6 but only once with each boot of the pc. Also this will only work if its the original disc. Its just nice to be able to play and have alcohol installed too. Now you must remove Alcohol's emulation files located in:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Which are a347bus.sys & a347scsi.sys (just archive them up and delete them). Now reboot and once you've got the pc rebooted run Sacred right away. After about 5 secs press the eject button on your cdrom and it shouldn't eject but pause then spin up and then shortly load after. Try it a couple times, I can get it to work about 90% of the time this way.

If you try and run Sacred again without rebooting, it will not run. I don't have daemon tools installed right now or daemonscript so I dunno if this will work with them installed.

Once your ready to use Alcohol, just extract the alcohol's files back to its original place (alcohol will still load without them, except you can't mount anything or use emulation).
                  Any chance you can remove the parts of the executable that scan for Alc and DT?

Comment

It works for me.

-D

Comment

Well, I don't like to argue but, I can replay Sacred anytime I want without rebooting and without unloading Alchol. Reread my original post carefully. I am using the US version with the 1.66 patch loaded. I am running the latest BETA version of alcohol 1.9.2 and before loading it I de-installed the previous version of alcohol and daemon tools. I have not since re-loaded daemon tools yet. Also I am using the COPIED cd I could not get it to work with an image mounted on any of the virtual drives.

Flame away but it won't change my experience with playing/using the game.

-D

Comment

Originally Posted by davham
                        Well, I don't like to argue but, I can replay Sacred anytime I want without rebooting and without unloading Alchol. Reread my original post carefully. I am using the US version with the 1.66 patch loaded. I am running the latest BETA version of alcohol 1.9.2 and before loading it I de-installed the previous version of alcohol and daemon tools. I have not since re-loaded daemon tools yet. Also I am using the COPIED cd I could not get it to work with an image mounted on any of the virtual drives.

Flame away but it won't change my experience with playing/using the game.

-D

No need to flame. Your running the exact same version and region of the game as myself. Your using a beta version of alcohol, I'm not. I was just giving another example on how to get it to run for people that still can't get it to work with your method, thats all.

Comment

I have a simiar problem with my sacred i installed sacred from an original cd but then i tried to play it without the cd by installing the patch 1.5 which makes it not check for the cd so the game starts plays the intro movie and everthing but then when i try to play the game the game starts for a second i can see my characterand move it but in about one second the screen just fades and goes black so i can't see anything.
                          Any ideas?

Comment

*does a little happy dance*

Yipee!

Here's what I did (it works! Huzzah!):

Installed the game using the original CD 1 (I stole it from my bud) and a burned CD 2 (also stolen from said buddy). I didn't update with any patches. Took out the original CD 1, mounted CD 1 iso made from original cd using ashampoo cd recording studio/suite 4 (AWESOME PROGGY).

Once it's mounted, I close the little splash screen dealie that pops up, and click the actual sacred.exe thing. As soon as I do that, I repeatedly right click DT (3.46), go to emulation, and hit 'All options on' until the game turns on. Sometimes I'm not fast enough and get a verification error, but that's only happened twice out of maybe 7 times.

Comment

Originally Posted by elemental
                              I have a simiar problem with my sacred i installed sacred from an original cd but then i tried to play it without the cd by installing the patch 1.5 which makes it not check for the cd so the game starts plays the intro movie and everthing but then when i try to play the game the game starts for a second i can see my characterand move it but in about one second the screen just fades and goes black so i can't see anything.
                              Any ideas?
                              Either a) because it is cracked or
                              b) They're burned CDs

The game isn't playing the little intro movie and tutorial it's supposed to, I've no solution for you though, sorry. Did you try with the cracked 1.2?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kynaeus
                                *does a little happy dance*

Yipee!

Here's what I did (it works! Huzzah!):

Installed the game using the original CD 1 (I stole it from my bud) and a burned CD 2 (also stolen from said buddy). I didn't update with any patches. Took out the original CD 1, mounted CD 1 iso made from original cd using ashampoo cd recording studio/suite 4 (AWESOME PROGGY).

Once it's mounted, I close the little splash screen dealie that pops up, and click the actual sacred.exe thing. As soon as I do that, I repeatedly right click DT (3.46), go to emulation, and hit 'All options on' until the game turns on. Sometimes I'm not fast enough and get a verification error, but that's only happened twice out of maybe 7 times.

Of course that will work, mounting with just Daemon tools will work with an unpatched game.

Elemental, do you have the latest drivers for your video card and make sure you have the latest directx? Its not going to happen from burnt discs, a crack maybe. Make sure you close everything from your taskbar (antivirus, p2p apps, messengers etc...). Hit ctrl+alt+del and make sure there is no applications running (application tab in xp). Win98se might have trouble with the game I've been told too. Then try the game again and see if it works. Let me know if it works or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X