Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Broken Sword 2

I do an image of cd1 with nero and then i mount it with DAEMON TOOLS
    but when i run the install i receive this error :Could not find cluster in either d:\clusters of f:".
    But if i use the orginal cd all OK.
    i prove both win2000 and Xp OS but give the same error.
    Help Me
    Thak you
    Marco :shock:

Nero isn't a good choice for making images and I am sure the image isn't perfect. Try you use Alcohol (Trial) for this.

Comment

I prove both alchol and clonecd i have even the same error
      :Could not find cluster in either d:\clusters of f:".
      But if i use the orginal cd all OK.
      best regards
      Marco :cry:

Comment

Broken Sword 2 is a quiet old game with no or old protection, maybe it won't run with XP and the troubles are caused by this.

I never heard about these error message and it seems the game is missing some files.

Did you install the game from the image? If not, may the game searches for some files in the wrong drive / path. Try to uninstall and reinstall from the image.

Comment

I have discover that if i mount with DT THE image like device D: that's all right otherwise give the usual error ??
          Veri strange
          Best regards
          Marco :lol:

Comment

Change The Drive Letter

YOU MUST HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS TO DO THESE STEPS...

You need to change your drive letter to be able to install this game... it must be installed using your first CD/DVD drive

therefor if your normal drive is drive D: and you have mounted the image in drive E: then it will not work.

You must right-click "my computer" and click on "manage"

Then go to "disk management" on the left

You should see all your Drives (HDD, Removable and CD/DVD)

right-click your original drive (E.G. D and click on "change drive letters and paths" then remove that letter.

Then choose the drive you want to mount the image on to drive D: in the same way as you removed the first drive's letter.

and change your original drives letter to drive E: (or whatever your virtual drive letter was)

You may need to mount the image again but once these steps have been completed you should be able to install the game

Comment

Working...
            X