• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help running backup CD

Operating System: Win XP
    Burning Software: nero, alcohol
    Anti-virus Software: AVG anti-virus
    DAEMON Tools Version: the latest version

Okay, I'm new to this, so could someone please provide a step-by-step guide on how to run a game(KOTOR) from a backup CD? It keeps asking me to insert the original CD, either that it's unable to authenticate the disc within the time limit. The game is already installed, as well as DT and Alcohol, but I appear not to be doing something properly. Thanks very much.

You need to create a backup cd with DPM data (either Alcohol or Blindwrite), in Alcohol just select SecuROM v4.x/5.x profile and create and write an image (with RMPS option), then play with RMPS emulation.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

EDIT
      Please don't link to other site(s), reason see below :!:

Comment

Originally Posted by Desh
        why not use an exe file to run the game that doesn't require you finding the CD each time to stick it in the drive?
        Perhaps because they're illegal? :wink:

Comment

..illegal at least in Germany, Spain, USA, Australia and UK.. completely legal in other European countries (but not for long thanks to EUCD!) and most (perhaps even all?) of Asia.

Still, that main reason for using emulation instead of cracks is that every new update requires a new crack while updating an emulated game WAS just as easy as using a physical CD in your drive.

Thanks to blacklisting and ever more complicated copy protections with system level drivers like StarForce that advantage is now gone, yet another way to make life harder for those who actually bought the game - the pirates already have the crack on their .BINs or .ISOs or pressed CDs anyway.
          Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 [email protected] H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

So called cookies are illegal and stand in direct contrast (above all) to the goal dt is trying to make!!!

I created an image the following way...
            -alc latest version
            -securom 4/5 profile
            -image mounted via dt , runs perfectly

Note:
            This will not work with version above 1.1 , because dt is blacklisted :mrgreen:
            Just use copytroopers version :mrgreen: or buy a plextor premium and write an image with bw :roll: ( I do not want to destroy anybodys nerves :mrgreen: )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to create a backup cd with DPM data (either Alcohol or Blindwrite), in Alcohol just select SecuROM v4.x/5.x profile and create and write an image (with RMPS option), then play with RMPS emulation.

Comment

Working...
            X