Unable to burn cd from image file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to burn cd from image file

I have Flight Simulator 4 which has 4 CD's. When running the game it requires disc 4 to be in the CD drive before it will run. I want to make another copy of Disc 4 to protect the original. I created an image file with Alcohol 120 and mounted this in virtual CD with Daemon Tools. Game plays with no problem. However when I burn the image file and insert the CD the game won't run. I did unmount all virtual drives. Can anyone help a newbie?

Re: Unable to burn cd from image file

I bet you mean Flight Simulator 2004 (not 4). This may come as a surprise but not all cd burners can burn any copy protected game. Could you post the manufacturer, name or model number, and firmware revision of your burner?

If your drive is not able to burn the safedisk bad sectors, the weak sectors, and the even weaker safedisk 2.9 sectors you can still burn a disc if you enable 'burn RMPS to recordable media' within Alcohol 120%

by the way: Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight uses SafeDisc 2.90.040
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks Ohio813
      You were right. FS 2004.
      I'm using Windows XP. Burners are Samsung CD-R/RW SW-224B revision R203. Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D revision 1.08. Possibly the CD burner is too old. Can I try burning it in the DVD drive? By the way when I go to burn the 'burn RMPS to recordable media' box is grayed out. Hope this info will help.

Comment

:?: would be quite new to me that RMPS emulation would/could do any good or different thing with weak SafeDisc sectors :?: Point about those is, they can be read without probs, but they shouldn't be able to get burned properly - that's the intent. If your drives firmware can't handle burning them, use the image.

Comment

Re: Unable to burn cd from image file

,jACkdA\W I guess you are right. I don't know why I was thinking RMPS held positioning info and also bad/weak sector info. I guess I was thinking about the emulation the Playbackup program did when it would emulate weak sectors. It's ashame this isn't squeezed alongside the modern day RMPS, and called RMPS+ or something.

tottieon, they say in this post that the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D is a one sheep drive. I haven't had time to lookup your Samsung CD-R/RW SW-224B firmware R203. If your burner doesn't support SafeDisc 2.90.040- using an image file is the way to go (or you could buy a compatible burner :wink: ).

You can't use Playbackup because it's blacklisted in almost every SafeDisc 2.x/3.x version.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks again Ohio. I've been away for a couple of weeks and now resume the search for the solution!!
            you do suggest purchasing a compatible burner. what exactly would that be?
            how can I find out which new burners would support SafeDisc 2.90.040?

Comment

You should check out the General Hardwaretalk part of the Daemon-Tools forum. That's where I started when I read your reply.

The Lite On drive: LTR-48246S is mentioned in this thread.
              You could go for a plextor premium if you want to attempt to take on the latest versions of non-dvd Securom. With the newer Safedisc your copies are only playable in certain drives, and this is another topic to look into. Anyway I bet you cannot get anyone to flat out recommend a specific drive because of the myriad things you could want to do with a burner.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
              X