Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get Silent Hunter 3 (Starforce protection) working with Daemon Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get Silent Hunter 3 (Starforce protection) working with Daemon Tools?

Is it confirmed that Silent Hunter 3 will NOT work with Daemon Tools (Silent Hunter 3 uses the latest version of Starforce)? I tried it with the DVD drive installed in my computer and it says "please insert correct DVD". Then I tried it with the DVD drive removed from my computer but it STILL does not work. It just says "checking disc" for about 3 minutes, then says that the key is invalid (even though the key is correct). The unplugging drive trick obviously does NOT work with this new version of Starforce. :? Am I out of luck here? :cry: Ugh, I really wanted to play this game on my computer with only a CD ROM drive because my brother is usually on the computer with the DVD drive (the game is DVD only) so emulation was my only option. Blegh. :x

Yeah, Daemon Tools doesn't support Starforce 3 yet, sorry. But we're working on it...
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer View Post
      Yeah, Daemon Tools doesn't support Starforce 3 yet, sorry. But we're working on it...

Hi guys, is this still the case?
      I'm in a similar situation as plexwriter (no DVD drive in my game machine).

Been searching the forums without luck so far.... any update appreciated.

8-)

Comment

A lil more searching would have shown you that SH3 runs with DT. (Not in x64 XP thought, there's no way to make it run original or not)
        Carpe diem

Comment

i think sf is deactivated in sh3 in one of the last patches.

Comment

Afaik they did not remove the protection.

Comment

As FordPerfect said, no, they didn't. That's why the game cannot run under x64 OS
              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
              X