Sid Maier's pirates emu problemo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Maier's pirates emu problemo!

I am trying to run this game sid maiers pirates i mounted the iso using DT and now i get this message"Conflict with disc emulator software detected. See www.securom.com for details" Can anyone help explain this and what i need to do to fix this? your helps greatly appreciated.

.ISO is an obsolete format that doesn't contain enough information to work with modern protected games, re-create the image(s) from your original CD(s) using Alcohol 120% or blindwrite 5.
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

First, create the CD image using Alcohol or Blindwrite

Next, launch regedit, and modify (at your own risks) the registry :
      1 - Deny read access to Administrator user on the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port x
      where "Scsi Port x" is the key where you can find the value "Driver"="d347prt".
      For me, it's "Scsi Port 2", but it may change depending on your scsi devices.
      2 - Deny read access to Administrator user on the key
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices

Next, play the game.

Comment

Yess, Amen brothers and Sisters thanks for the great replies only other thing i did was changed the virtual drive properties and that was it. Ok so now where can i read some good info on editing the registry and why and what exactly did i just do ? Id like to understand this a little further!
        Thanks in advance
        Broman

Comment

What i told you is just a compilation of this forums. So open your eyes and browse ! :mrgreen:

Comment

Look at this Thread http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=5492 . Here is a tool that does the registry trick automatically.

Comment

which image???

Post Qoute:

"ISO is an obsolete format that doesn't contain enough information to work with modern protected games, re-create the image(s) from your original CD(s) using Alcohol 120% or blindwrite 5."

Alcohol gives options on what image: .iso, .ccd...etc etc

so which format should you use?

Also what Datatype should you use?

Comment

You should use Alcohol's native format of course, i.e. mds/mdf - this should be selected automatically if you select the correct profile (i.e. SecuROM new v4.x/5.x).
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                X