DVD - V ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD - V ???

I have just bought a DVD Player/Burner. The DVDs I have burnt on my PC cannot be read by it. Apparently they need to be finalised in DVD-V (video)?. I don't understand and hopr that someone can help me. Do I need to download different DVD burning software or do I not have the option of viewing my PC DVDs via my TV. I'm only new to this so would appreciate any help I can get. I feel totally cheated. Thanks

You can't make 1:1 copies of protected discs (=practically all commercial DVDs) since ALL blank media is crippled as a part of the DRM. Also, it's highly illegal to even try if you live in the USA, Australia or any EU member that is enforcing the EUCD (includes UK, Germany, Spain, Sweden, ...).

If you have trouble simply mastering your own DVDs from unprotected material google for "DVD mastering software" - there are literally thousands of pages full of information.
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

isn't that crazy, under fair use laws you should be able to make 1 backup copy of stuff you bought. At the same time it's illiegal for you to decrypt CSS so that you can take advantage of that right. I backup all my DVD's and play the backups so that if anything happens, it'll happen to the backups (and not my 900 dollar 7 seasons of star trek the next generation) I'd tell you how to make some easy backups that would play just fine in your dvd player, but I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum. Head over to afterdawn.com and post there, thats definately the place to be for copying video. Oh and btw, ANY commercial DVD can be copied very easily, 1:1 or compressed. I lot of times I just rip the entire DVD to the harddrive and play it with DT.

Comment

I agree - the laws are really crazy today. However, I admit that afterdawn.com
        is indeed the right place for discussion about it, every board has its main focus

Comment

Working...
        X