• Show
Clear All

• INSERT CD DRIVE!!!

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 2002
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi,
    I have been trying so hard but everytime I mount my ISO image and run the game it keeps asking me to insert a CD. What do I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

"My car doesn't work. Why?"

How are we supposed to answer your question? We need a lot more information before we can even begin to understand what causes your problem.

Which game are you talking about? How did you create the image? Does this happen with other games too or only with this one? Does the game run from the original CD?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Sry

Sry for not providing you the info.... :oops:

Which game are you talking about? How did you create the image? Does this happen with other games too or only with this one? Does the game run from the original CD?
      I am trying to run EA sports Cricket 2005. I created the image using Alcohol 120. I played HALO before and it worked fine. YES the game runs from the original CD.

Comment

Try to use non-standard Vendor and Model names for the virtual drive (change via set device parameters menu).
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I changed Vendor name to Cricket and Model name to CricketCD...but it still asks me to insert CD. What do i do? :|

Comment

Just to be sure... You did create the image in mdf/mds format, right?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i created image using Alcohol 120 and YES it is in mdf/mds format. :mrgreen: So any suggestions?

P.S. - I know other ppl who have successfully played this game through Dameon. So this assures the fact that this game is not "overly-protected" that we cant play it without the original CD. Problem is I dont know these ppl personally :!: :cry: :| :x

Comment

did you use other software similar to alcohol, f.e. CloneCD?

Comment

sorry if i'm misunderstanding, you said you created the image in mdf/mds format, but in your original post you said you were mounting an ISO. An ISO won't work with safedisc 4 are you sure its mdf/mds?

Comment

Did you install/reinstall the game from the image mounted on the virtual drive?

Note that many EA games are hot-wired to run only from their installation drive (unless you edit your registry).

Comment

did you use other software similar to alcohol, f.e. CloneCD?
                      I also used Undisker and CloneCD...but still asked to insert the CD.

sorry if i'm misunderstanding, you said you created the image in mdf/mds format, but in your original post you said you were mounting an ISO. An ISO won't work with safedisc 4 are you sure its mdf/mds?
                      First i mounted an ISO image. Installed it but it didnt work. Then I uninstalled it , then used Alcohol 120 created in mdf/mds format. Then installed it, still didnt work..uninstalled it again. :x I used Undisker and CloneCD and created an ISO image. Installed it but still didnt work!! :x Btw, what is Safedisc 4?? I have Safedisk checked as the emulation.

Did you install/reinstall the game from the image mounted on the virtual drive? Note that many EA games are hot-wired to run only from their installation drive (unless you edit your registry).
                      Yeah I installed the game from the image mounted. I deleted the game which I installed with the original CD.

Any more suggestions...plz I will appreciate anymore suggesstions. Thanks.

Comment

I also used Undisker and CloneCD...but still asked to insert the CD.
                        just what I expected, that's why I asked about it. I think you have
                        Clone-CD-Tray still installed. Use forum-search here to find thread about
                        how to remove CloneCD Tray and the game should work, CloneCD Tray
                        is blacklisted since ages

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                          just what I expected, that's why I asked about it. I think you have
                          Clone-CD-Tray still installed. Use forum-search here to find thread about
                          how to remove CloneCD Tray and the game should work, CloneCD Tray
                          is blacklisted since ages
                          Well, I uninstalled CloneCD a long time ago. I couldnt find anything in the forums about CloneCD tray removal. However I googled it and came up with this website.
                          Website: http://www.auditmypc.com/process/clonecdtray.asp

And I used their java-enabled free spyware remover to see If I had cloneCD tray or not. Fortunately I dont have it. So I dont think thats the problem. Maybe if you could provide me instructions for clonecd tray removal, I can recheck to see if I have it. Thx for replying though. Appreciate it.

Any other suggestions?..I know its getting kinda annoying.. sry... :|

Comment

Working...
                          X