Which DVD burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which DVD burner

i have plexter 716A, with it im am able to backup all Safedisc-protected games...... but i cant back up securom or starforce protected games..... anyone have or can reccommend a DVD-burner which is capable of backing up secu or starforce protected games ?

Do you know that no matter how good the image you created is, you still have to do other things to make it work, like hiding IDE drives and un-blacklisting Daemon Tools?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I think he's talking about backups on CD, not images. Securom and starforce games don't need any "hiders" to run from disc.
      To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

" Do you know that no matter how good the image you created is, you still have to do other things to make it work, like hiding IDE drives and un-blacklisting Daemon Tools?"

Really ?

i dont want to copy DVDґs, i want a backup on my HDD, but my burner is not capable of backing up games protected with something that requires accurate DPM measuring..... so i want to know what burner to get, in order to back up Securom and Starforce protected games ?

I experience errors like "disc failed to authenticate within time limit" not blacklisting issues......

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
          Securom and starforce games don't need any "hiders" to run from disc.
          You'll need a program to hide the ATIP info (unless you've a non burner drive to play from).

Comment

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
            You'll need a program to hide the ATIP info (unless you've a non burner drive to play from).
            Not true for securom and sf. They run just fine from the burner. I'm not sure about older versions of these protections though.

(In any case, I also have a reader. )
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Working...
            X