my starforce games dont work anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my starforce games dont work anymore

I am having problems with starforce games since i updated to the latest starforce drivers. Now when i try to play any starforce games (chaos theory, trackmania sunrise, worms mayhem, codename panzers etc) it comes up with the screen.

" Application installed successfully. Reboot the computer to complete the installation. continue?"

When i reboot i still get the same message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all these games but have to same problem. I have tried removing the starforce drivers with the removal tool on the starforce page and updating them again to the latest version. Still the same problem.

Can anybody help me please?

How did you update the SF Driver?
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Try sf cleaner, start game..

Hi there,

if you uninstall the Starforce driver with starforce cleaner, you can start any game, then the driver will install itself and then you have to reboot. After that you should play your games as well.

The starforce cleaner is getting from the starforce homepage - there is a link. Or try out a google-search.

Good luck, if nothing helps, you can contact the starforce team or post into the starforce board?
      Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Removal Tool: http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
          How did you update the SF Driver?

I updated this and no problem for me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I updated the drivers with the update on the starforce website. I have used the starforce cleaner then installed the games but it still says to reboot my computer.

Comment

Originally Posted by lozza25
              I have used the starforce cleaner then installed the games but it still says to reboot my computer.
              Yes, one time the Program will reboot, so the driver can be inizialize on System-startup. It's a driver and must have permissions on several things, that cant get a mormal Program. So if you mean, the Installation will no stop the required booting, check your sources: did you really have originally mediums? And did your rights as current user high enough to install software? Or can it be you are using a newer tool from microsoft, wich one is helping you to hold clean the system (i dont remember the name of the tool, but its an official tool from microsoft).

And last, if nothing can help, try out to contact the author of the fucking copyprotection ;-)
              Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

ok finally got it working.

Thought id try uninstalling daemon tools just for the hell of it. Then I could play these starforce games again. However when i reinstalled daemon tools got the same error as before.

I think the daemon tools install must have got corrupted because i found daemon drivers around. I deleted them. Also i found entries in the registry for daemon related stuff so i deleted them too. Then reinstalled daemon tools and now everything is working fine.

Comment

Working...
                X