Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think.. something's necessary ;-)

Originally Posted by Birger_Nord
    That I know. But on a later stage, when SecuROM or/and SafeDick is blacklisting DT again?
    There will be an update from the DT-Crew, i think (hope). The DT3.47 was'nt updated because due the new version it's not necessary to update the old version. But if i remember right, Locutus said or another admin, the older version will be updating because the support of win9x is ended with dt4 and higher. So any updates for dt3x will be come anyway, anytime - eventually..
    ..but this is even necessary because future games wont work on win9x-systems. All 'newer' games will only work on win2k-based kernels. Whats with winme? I dont know - its the unnecessariest (the right word?) OS ever.. ;-)
    Last edited by TRM; 13.11.2005, 21:21.
    Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Originally Posted by TRM
      All 'newer' games will only work on win2k-based kernels. Whats with winme? I dont know - its the unnecessariest (the right word?) OS ever.. ;-)
      It's actually "NT kernel", not "2k". Windown Me is still DOS based, not NT.
      To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

:-) I named it, because..

Originally Posted by Nikos
        It's actually "NT kernel", not "2k". Windown Me is still DOS based, not NT.
        Hi Nikos, thank you for your answer but i named it 2k-kernel, because the 'old' NT kernel is the 3.x and the Kernel for Windows 2000 up to 2003 is based on the win2000 = w2k kernel - which is mostly complete rebuild (in opposite to nt3).
        So if this is shit, please take it only as a visuality :-)

Have a nice day.

Comment

That I know. But on a later stage, when SecuROM or/and SafeDick is blacklisting DT again?
          Why does it really matter ? Sometimes people from such companies that you mention sign up and ask just such questions in the hope of gaining any form of information they can. They are called spies. Just enjoy the product when it becomes available and don't worry too much about it's inner workings. I mean do you write to your car maker and ask how can they make the car go so fast, and if they tell you it's because of horsepower, you keep insisting for even more detailed technical information, as if you are trying to make your own car and need all this information for your own car.

Funny also that many such questions that ask detailed information about the programs technical inner workings come from what "seem" to be noobs. The way they ask the questions is obvious that they are noobs, so why ask it, since they for sure would not understand the peoper explanation would it be explained properly by the development team.

Please Dr., tell me how my D.N.A. works ???

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
            Why does it really matter ? Sometimes people from such companies that you mention sign up and ask just such questions in the hope of gaining any form of information they can. They are called spies. Just enjoy the product when it becomes available and don't worry too much about it's inner workings. I mean do you write to your car maker and ask how can they make the car go so fast, and if they tell you it's because of horsepower, you keep insisting for even more detailed technical information, as if you are trying to make your own car and need all this information for your own car.

Funny also that many such questions that ask detailed information about the programs technical inner workings come from what "seem" to be noobs. The way they ask the questions is obvious that they are noobs, so why ask it, since they for sure would not understand the peoper explanation would it be explained properly by the development team.

Please Dr., tell me how my D.N.A. works ???
            Hehe, I can asure you that I am not a spy. The only meenings I have about asking is if the updates is gonna take long time between release. So in every update we must wait an entire year.
            Click here to visit my website.]

Comment

Well I sure hope it's not useless, as I've coughed up the Ј9.70 for the Pro version

Comment

Hehe, I can asure you that I am not a spy.
                That's exactly what I would expect a spy to say
                Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Even if DT gets blacklisted on day one and most of the old SF games work without need of any other methods or applications, that will be still good enough for me.

Allthough I agree that the release of DT4 without addon is rather pointless. DT Pro is what we are waiting for.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
                    That's exactly what I would expect a spy to say
                    Hehe, I guess so.
                    Click here to visit my website.]

Comment

Originally Posted by Vampirtc
                      DT Pro is what we are waiting for.

But for that you must register yourself :-)
                      Come on, became a customer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
                        They rewrote it from scratch... and I also heard the core is heavily encrypted to prevent reverse engineering... which will contribute to make it even harder to blacklist.

Reverse engineering?Do you mean that copyprotection developers are cracking Daemon-Tools to find ways to blacklist it???

Comment

Of course! It happened with 3.47
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                            Of course! It happened with 3.47
                            So,THEY are allowed to do everything they like with other people's software,even if they don't bought it,while preventing their own customers to make a simple backup?Hypocrits they are!

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                              It is a matter of taste if you want to use one anti-blacklisting tool for each kind of copy protection, one for SecuROM, one for SafeDisc, one for Starforce etc. I would prefer to use one tool (DT v4) for all those protections.

So my opinion is that it is not useless.

well are you talkin about the comin update for dt right ?
                              cuz i dont think this version do it !!
                              Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                              MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Originally Posted by bernaar
                                So,THEY are allowed to do everything they like with other people's software,even if they don't bought it,while preventing their own customers to make a simple backup?Hypocrits they are!
                                We have PROOF that they did so - and at least tried it with
                                latest V4. I will not (for good reason) tell to much about it,
                                but as mentioned above: we have PROOF here. Although that
                                it seems that V4 is not what they expected - from a reversers
                                point of view

Comment

Working...
                                X