SF3.6 & DT4 with "Nforce4+SATAII"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF3.6 & DT4 with "Nforce4+SATAII"

I'm trying to play my backup (1:1 image) of Trackmania Sunrise (+eXtreme addon). As everyone knows the game uses StarForce 3.6 (with the addon).

My setup:
    Mobo: Nforce4
    DVDRW: IDE
    HD: SATA II
    DT4

I have read through the forums and have learned that those with Nforce3/4 based motherboards may be able to play without unplugging drives. After reading this, I tried loading the image with DT4 and launched the game -- FAILED. I then tried disabling my DVDRW and its IDE channel via Device Manager -- FAILED. (Also tried turning on/off emu options in DT to no avail) Lastly, I unplugged my DVDRW and had 100% success playing the image.

I am assuming I was not able to play (without unplugging) because I am NOT using the Nvidia IDE drivers. I would prefer not to use these drivers and am not sure they would help anyway because I have a SATA HD. I have read that DT4 has issues and causes reboots (when the image is being checked) when using an "Nforce+SATA HD" setup. So far I have had no reboots, and I am thinking this is because I am NOT using the Nvidia drivers. Does an "Nforce-based setup" imply that the Nvidia IDE drivers are being used?

In short, has anyone had any luck playing this or any SF3.6 game using a similar setup (Nforce4+SATA HD+MS IDE drivers) (without unplugging)?

Sorry if this post is hard to follow.

Thanks for any feedback!

You won't be immune from having to unplug your drives if you're using the default Microsoft IDE drivers.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      You won't be immune from having to unplug your drives if you're using the default Microsoft IDE drivers.
      That's what I thought, thanks for clearing that up. If I install the Nvidia IDE drivers then won't I experience the rebooting issue?

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Ok, I took the plunge and installed the Nvidia drivers. After disabling the new controller in the device manager, the game loaded fine. I was under the impression that images mounted on SATA HD's didn't work well with DT4.

Comment

Working...
        X