NFS MW - problems during install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS MW - problems during install

OKAY, so i've got my DVD of NFS MW, and it's not working. I had the direct x problem, so i set the autorun to compatibility, but now at 18% im getting an error about mw_music.mus and i cant install. i've tried the cd, making an image of it, and even tried taking the files off the CD and running them from my hd, but none of these work. same error same spot. any ideas??? thanks guys...

-satan :evil:
    Imperial Glory? or Metric Dishonour?

Can you complete the install process using the original disc?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

no, i am not able to complete the process with the original disc. i've tried it on my computer and my mates' as well. you're thinking poss. bad disc?

cheers for your help

-satan :evil:

Comment

That does sound like a scratched disc. Do you get a CRC checksum error? If not, please tell us *exactly* what the error says.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

NFS MW - problems during install

Hi i have got a problem with an image (MDS). I have mounted disc1 with deamon tools, entered the serial number and instalation started...after few percents of installation i have got this error: "an problem occured with /SOUND/PFDATA/MW_Music.mus ... " and i have to select between "Cancel" or try again to read. But it did not work?
          Any ideas what to do with?
          Thank you

Comment

Looks like your Image is messed up with CRC Errors and the install can`t read the files for copy. Make a new Proper Image or install from original CD/DVD.
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

The image is broken. Create a new one from your original, if it still doesn't work try to install from the original. If then you get the same error, your disc is too scratched so it can't be read properly anymore.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                Looks like your Image is messed up with CRC Errors and the install can`t read the files for copy. Make a new Proper Image or install from original CD/DVD.
                And why the same image works on another PC ? I had these problem before with ISOs images files but i could repair it with CDmage program which is not unfortunately compatible with mds(mdf).

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                  The image is broken. Create a new one from your original, if it still doesn't work try to install from the original. If then you get the same error, your disc is too scratched so it can't be read properly anymore.
                  I have made it with a wrong one...Just tried to repair CRC with ISOburst or CDcheck...

So long champ

Comment

Originally Posted by anaxagoras
                    I have made it with a wrong one...
                    what do you mean?

Comment

Originally Posted by anaxagoras
                      I have made it with a wrong one...Just tried to repair CRC with ISOburst or CDcheck...

So long champ

did you get your image to work? if so, how, because i am having the exact same problem. thanks a lot!

Comment

i dont know if i'm getting a CRC checksum error. I own a DVD of the game.

the error i am getting is " an problem occured with /SOUND/PFDATA/MW_Music.mus " , the same as some other guy who has recently posted in the forums, cept i cant discern what anyone in that post is trying to say. it gives me this error at 18% each time i try to install. i've made a few images of the dvd, so i suppose i could crc check them, but idk how.

cheers

Comment

If it doesn't work with the original disc, it's probably a scratched disc. Or the drive you're trying to install to is full, but then you should get a warning about that during install, I guess.

Comment

Originally Posted by tchiseen
                            i dont know if i'm getting a CRC checksum error. I own a DVD of the game.

the error i am getting is " an problem occured with /SOUND/PFDATA/MW_Music.mus " , the same as some other guy who has recently posted in the forums, cept i cant discern what anyone in that post is trying to say. it gives me this error at 18% each time i try to install. i've made a few images of the dvd, so i suppose i could crc check them, but idk how.

cheers
                            I have repaired the crc error with ISOBuster or you can use CDcheck, it works with my images but i have 4 images from CDs, not from DVD. If it is not working with original DVD there is some problem on DVD layer try it on another computer and if it will not work again you can reclaim the DVD at manufactorer!

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                              what do you mean?
                              I mean that i have repaired the CRC error with ISOBuster ;o)

Comment

Working...
                              X