Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Frager
    HI there every one.
    Just to tell ya that i've made a switch to disable the right wire from my IDE cable so less risk to the system and no more case opening.

Still I do not recommend you to do this and sorry for my bad english it's not my first language as you may have see
    Glad to here from you frager, everyone was starting to get worried that something nasty might of happened with all this work you carry out on live electrical gear

Happy new year frager and good luck with your future electrical projects

And i'm glad you made a point in your post that you "do not" recommend other people carry out the work you do.

Your english is fine, its just your health you need to keep an eye on

Comment

Things like that are unique to certain computers.....in other words, its not something that would apply to most people even if they did know what they were doing. Removing the IDE cable is safer then removing the power connector....but it can still screw up your system immediately or over time. Not a good way to beat starforce. As someone typed earlier, if your going to have to open up your computer and unplug stuff....you might as well spend the extra 1-2 minutes shutting it down and turning it back on.

Unless your an electrician.....don't.

Comment

BIA-EIB and Starforce?

Didnt Brothers in arms -Earned in Blood have the same starforce protection?? If so *********************

Now what we need is one for Kong..

Did you also notice that in Kong there is three or four .exe files in the games install folder..

I have an 8 year old kid that wants to play Kong.. Dad doesnt mind but the idea of him putting a CD in every time when I paid $50 for it sucks!

one scratch.. JUNK

Comment

BerkelUSA, did you think about getting a PCI IDE-controller? Just connect your optical IDE drives to the PCI IDE-controller instead of the mainboard's IDE connectors. As additional IDE controllers are recognized as SCSI controllers, you won't have any optical IDE drives in your system anymore, only SCSI - so your virtual drive cannot be blacklisted.

Works fine for me with FEAR 1.02 (SecuROM) - I only need Daemon Tools. Nothing more. Haven't tried it with any other games myself yet, but many people have reported that it works with StarForce too.

A cheap ($20) and comfortable way to protect all your CDs & DVDs, not only those with older protections.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Also a USB2IDE adaptor to convert an internal IDE drive to an external USB drive will also work. I have my drive set up this way. I do not even need to unplug my USB cable.

Comment

Ide/usb

I have the IDE/USB setup.. those work great and are cheap..

Think the problem was having FantomCD still installed and the virtual drive letter with Star seeing it..

Rob

Comment

Playing X3 - without unplugging optical drive

Hi,

first of all, thx to Frager for the post, it solved my problem with X3: Reunion.
                For the past 2 days, I've tried every piece of software for disabling/overriding the StarForce protection on X3, including the post (the one that includes a SW package) on GameCopyWorld, and nothing worked (until Frager's post)...

So, this is how it worked for me - please note that this is a combination of HW and game that worked for me, if you have a similar setup, perhaps it will work for you too... Of course, I cannot guarantee anything...

1. Device manager -> disable ide controller for physical DVD
                2. Install game from image using Daemon 4.03 (without any protection emulation enabled)
                3. Play game

Yes, it's really that simple... After 2 days of cursing, downloading and opening my PC, it's the simplest solution that usually works...

Here's my setup:
                - Athlon 64 3200+
                - Abit KN8 SLI (nForce 4 Ultra)
                - Win XP SP2
                - Daemon Tools 4.03

Please try, and let me know if it works for you...
                If anyone needs additional info, do not hesitate to ask...

HF

Comment

IDE controller

i can only disable my secundairy channel
                  but that dousnt help a thing

pop t2t still keeps asking that i should put the cd in another drive

Comment

Working...
                  X