X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hellyy, what exactly is your problem?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

OK maybe i didn't explained absolutely correct the situation in my first post.So the first important thing for this to work is to have ONLY optical drives connected to your motherboard IDE controller.If the harddisk with your windows on it is connected to the IDE controller windows will not allow you to disable the controller.

Comment

SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4

neptun, let me quote from above: "You need to unplug all your optical IDE drives to get StarForce running". So that means unplug your CD drive and leave your hard disk plugged in then turn on your computer and use DAEMON Tools to play the game.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Oh no...
          I finally got King Kong to work by doing this, but when I go enable "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" again the device manager freezes, and whevener I go to My Computer and try to use the CD driver explorer freezes. Everything goes back to normal after a reboot, but I don't feel like having to reboot every time I stop playing the game. I searched all over the internet and I can't find someone having the same issue as I am. Could someone please try to help me?

I have a A8N-E (NF4 Ultra) using nForce 6.70 drivers and the latest BIOS.

Comment

This solution has been posted before. It works differently depending on how your hardware is set up.

Comment

In my case with a Asus A8N-E, i use the nforceware 6.66 cause in the parallel ata controller are integrated the both ide channels, and i can disable it from The Devices Manager, and for now the game donґt freezes the system.
              When you use a newer version of nforceware, the parallel ata controller is divided in primary and secondary and then they canґt be disabled from the Devices Manager.
              Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

That's a good tip arisma.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

StarForce will likely fix this nForce 'problem' as soon as they can. But that would boost sales of any new motherboard that manages to cause the same effect.

Comment

X3 Reunion - DAEMON Tools v. 4

Hi,

somewhere I saw that with X3 and Tools v. 4 you will no more need to do all the manual work with disconnecting CD Drives... is it true, or does it still have to be done?

Is there no other way to bypass the StarForce security?

Thx.

JoeYeti

Comment

atm there is no other way to bypass SF than unplugging your IDE. but if u buy DT u will surely be able in the future with the vIDE (virtual IDE drive)...
                      My sysProfile!

Comment

i can only disable my secondary ide channel

Comment

Originally Posted by monster7k
                          i can only disable my secondary ide channel
                          How do you want to disablethe channel?
                          Maybe your hdd's are connected to channel 1! I only can disable the 2nd channel, too.
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Weird...

I used to play POP T2T with DAEMON + Optical IDE cable physically unplugged. This was the only way to bypass the CD-ROM drive verification process.

recently I purchased a new mobo : ASUS P5WD2-E Premium.

What's weird with this board is that I no longer needs to unplug the Optical IDE channel. Furthermore, I don't need to disable CD-ROM drives from the Windows config either.

Basically, what I do is just read the image with DAEMON and run the game. No more messing with Optical IDE drives, Physically or virtually. So far I was able to play POP-T2T and PJ's KingKong. OK I'm happy with this, but am still puzzled.

Anyone with the same mobo out there? I'd like to hear from you too!

Comment

This is a question from a laptop user: I have an intel chipset with intel ata controllers (prim&sec channel). Is it possible to bypass the latest starforce protection (particularly for x3-Reunion) without physically unplugging the ide drive? Cuz I'm not going to open up my laptop (obviously) The Wpcredit method probably doesn't work(,becaus there is no backdoor register in D2,D3, Anywhere,..).

-And is there a way to get your Mobo information without actualy opening up and looking at it? (Phoenix LTD - bios)

Comment

Originally Posted by Crusader369
                                This is a question from a laptop user: I have an intel chipset with intel ata controllers (prim&sec channel). Is it possible to bypass the latest starforce protection (particularly for x3-Reunion) without physically unplugging the ide drive? Cuz I'm not going to open up my laptop (obviously) The Wpcredit method probably doesn't work(,becaus there is no backdoor register in D2,D3, Anywhere,..).

-And is there a way to get your Mobo information without actualy opening up and looking at it? (Phoenix LTD - bios)
                                I also have a Laptop with an Intel mobo and Phoenix Bios. For me deactivating the 2nd IDE Channel with SFNightmare worked with SCCT.
                                Newer games (X3, ToCA 3, King Kong,...) only are working with unplugging the drives which is really easy for me (i can unplug it with one click! because the TY Tuner, which i got with my laptop, uses the same plug and so the developer made it easy to switch to the TV Tuner/unplug the drive).
                                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                                X