No announcement yet.

dr.art's PCI RAID expansion card discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the moment I've only got one harddrive connected as primary master,so that should be no problem

Comment

Ok, i've been having same problem as you guys!
      Pc won't boot up with optical drives, i have XP on a sata drive and a 40 gig hd on ide. Pc refused to skip the controller card and boot from my sata drive

But i've managed to get the computer booting up as normal without changing any bios settings for my Mobo, i have a Silicon Image(sil 0680) i simply flashed the card with an old bios!
      get your flash updater and bios from here:

and bios from here:

create a bootable floppy disk copy files over and update the bios!

my pc now just detects the optical drives but doesn't boot from them and goes straight to my sata drive

hope this helps

Comment

Hi guys

I have my plextor plugged in this SiL 0608 raid controller
        2 sata HD in my mobo (asus a8n-sli)

Here is the deal

To boot up windows normally just disable in the bios in the boot order cdrom/name of your device (i have cdrom/plextor)

So your boot queu look like
        1)Removable
        2)Hard disk
        3)disabled
        4)disabled

Now to boot from cd (let's say another windows and or linux distribution) i've tried everything i can think of and there is no way i made it to work (pc either reset or hangs out)
        I'm still trying some 'artistic' solution i'll let you know is i succeed

As for make the card works in WIN-Linux just go

and download the RAID driver/bios

Worked flawlessy :-)

Hope this help!!
        If anyone manage to make this raid controller bootable with an optical device let me know!
        THX

Comment

Hi guys

Here is the deal

To boot up windows normally just disable in the bios in the boot order cdrom/name of your device (i have cdrom/plextor)

1)Removable
          2)Hard disk
          3)disabled
          4)disabled

Now to boot from cd (let's say another windows and or linux distribution) i've tried everything i can think of and there is no way i made it to work (pc either reset or hangs out)

Hope this help!!
          If anyone manage to make this raid controller bootable with an optical device let me know!
          THX

Comment

Does your BIOS list SCSI as a boot option? If so, have you tried setting that in the boot order?

Comment

Originally Posted by Grale
              Pc won't boot up with optical drives, i have XP on a sata drive and a 40 gig hd on ide. Pc refused to skip the controller card and boot from my sata drive

But i've managed to get the computer booting up as normal without changing any bios settings for my Mobo, i have a Silicon Image(sil 0680) i simply flashed the card with an old bios!

and bios from here:

my pc now just detects the optical drives but doesn't boot from them and goes straight to my sata drive

hope this helps

and which MOBO did u have BRO ?

Comment

have flashed the cards bios but if i went back on WINXP he asks for the driver RAID if i give him the directory he doesnt take it from there !! but he boots up know !! can u explain which driver u have taken for this card i tried the IDE and the MEdley driver but he doesnt accepted the Card !! plzzzzzz help !

Comment

Originally Posted by acantoni
                  Hi guys

Here is the deal

1)Removable
                  2)Hard disk
                  3)disabled
                  4)disabled

Hope this help!!
                  THX
                  have flashed the bios now and it boots up with the AV8 but if i want to install the RAID driver ( MEDLEY or IDE ) it doesnt let me install it !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                    Does your BIOS list SCSI as a boot option? If so, have you tried setting that in the boot order?
                    have flashed the bios now and it boots up with the AV8 but if i want to install the RAID driver ( MEDLEY or IDE ) it doesnt let me install it !!

Comment

I have ABIT AV8 Third eye, i have used the medley drivers..

Comment

Originally Posted by Grale

and bios from here:

hope this helps
                        how did you exactly falshed the sil0608 card. So my floppy is not working correct so I burned the things on a bootable disc (nearly the same as a floppy). I burned on the disc th UPDFLASH.exe, the UPDBIOS.exe and the bios with the name r3077.bin. So when I booted the pc and entered the DOS Mode only the UPDFLASH.exe can be executed, but there isn't the sil0608 listed to flash?? what should I do, or how should I falsh it?

Comment

any help ???

Comment

PCI raid cards don't work with optical drives

I have a PCI IDE Raid adapter myself, but it says explicitly in the manual that you CANNOT connect optical drives (CD/DVD).

By the way I have never heard about a raid with optical drives attached...

Comment

man,this method is working,has been proved, only my computer won't boot up with this configuration

Comment

Same Thing.... Bios Issue

I have the ABIT AV8. I updated to Update 27, and experienced the same problem. Seeing as the few revisions before this were minor, I restored to Update 24, and presto, everything's working again! Its a problem with the latest Bios it seems - thats all.

Comment

Working...
                                X