Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New way to destroy starforce w/o unplugging drives!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryed! Worked Everytime On Every System

Originally Posted by CorvX
    I got an nforce 4 mobo. I unplug the ide drives and still won't let me play. what a bad luck I have.
    Well... there is a possible alternative... and it worked for me verytime i tryed it.I never shared this secret to anyone,since i forgot how to do it.
    I hope this helps

ROFLOL joke ... its hillarious how people read a forum and then are all dissapointed to see there is no alternative to braking thsi SF crap Gotta love this !

Comment

You could try Starforce Nightmare, which will allow you to deactivate CD drivers and other peripheral modes.
      You can it and a bunch of other handy tools here:

CD/DVD Media & Writer Information Site [http://cdmediaworld.com]

Comment

BadMojo, you have got to be kidding... If physically unplugging your optical IDE drives doesn't work, hiding them with SFN will definitely not work either.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

roflol Good one NetSoerfer ... Me too can't understand why people bother with this
          Why do you linger here ? DAEMON TOOLS wil NEVER,EVER work with SF...period!

Ok,when it works... msg me or something

joel: those guys on those forums are a bunch of idiots (not all of them,but 80% of them... wtf,I'll say ITS EVERYONE ,period! ).
          Last edited by MindFever; 15.02.2006, 18:48.

Comment

It works on my pc... but i donno what happen

Frankly, i never use DT before, i am 120% supporter of Alcohol until yesterday.

I installed my starforce protected game through .mdf mounted on Alcohol, and the game won't start. Then i unpluged my 2 dvd-rw and try again, huh no luck even with all rmps what ever options turned on.

Being disappointed i came to DT4 (sorry bout that...), and it worked! After 3 hours i needed the dvd-rw then i pluged them back. Before i remember to unplug them i run the game, and it worked just like normal I did not delete what ever hidden device. And yes i am using nforce3 mainboard (MSI neo2 platinum), the game run on sata but the image was on ide (3 hdd i hv).

I will still keep my alcohol anyway coz DT4 cannot grab image. But dt4 really surprise me lolz...

I am going to try on my laptop and will update asap (intel chipset).

Comment

The only way st the moment to bypass SF 3.6/7 is to unplug the power lead from all IDE optival drives. Sorry Guys, really annoying for me, I have to keep the tower case lid opened.

Comment

Update on laptop test...

Tested on my laptop (intel sonoma) with DT4 without any problem. Just mount the image and run the game (all emulations on), no need ide jammer. My dvd drive couldnt be dismantled nor disable in bios.

Anyway, I hv no idea what starforce version it is. The game was released on 20 Jan 2006. if u know to read chinese it is at http://www.userjoy.com.tw/sango6/

What software to check the latest starforce version?

Comment

Well the maker of this thread has cought himself a BAN,so
                  it might be cool to close this thread and even better
                  relabel it cause it surely is NOTHING NEW he has "discovered".

He most probably has either a nforce3/4 board, or its the
                  starforce version or its and i tend to the latter utter bullshit
                  if hes really using a original sf game. Cause every time u
                  insert a cd/dvd or a original image SF will check for the
                  presence of its drivers and reinstall them requesting reboot
                  after done so. WITHOUT the drivers present the game will
                  not run since it will not be able to verify the disc/image.
                  The only way to defeat starforce is to beat it while its installed^^.
                  And im perfectly sure that all you guys know this and its like you
                  all said ^^.Just giving a final cut to a hopefully soon closed thread.
                  Last edited by Sabrehawk; 21.02.2006, 01:24.
                  Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                  the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

i agree with u Sabrehawk!
                    this thread should be closed because its also quite annoying...
                    So nevermind. i'm waiting for the IDE jammer to be released
                    My sysProfile!

Comment

We all wait in anticipation for DT Pro and the IDE Jammer, but remember,
                      "Patience is a Virtue"
                      Mail:
                      curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Working...
                      X