strange Safedisc 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underheaven

I got the same error last saturday... Burnt the image some months ago and tried to copy it back to the harddisk. But up to now I had no time to recreate the image. maybe this night. I'll check if I get the same error again.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      But weak sectors are not actually stored as weak sectors in the image but as meta data describing those weak sectors, aren't they? I mean I cannot imagine there's any way to actually write weak sectors to your hard drive...?
      If this would be correct, it wouldn't be possible to create images with programs which don't support "weak" sectors. But Nero is working fine for example. And i forgot, DVDs are using 8->16 modulation also called EFMplus.

On the other side, the "sheep" test is just simple file. If 256bytes of weak sectors are enough to overload the modulation process, it also may possible the corrupt the image on DVD.

Maybe they justing mixing the efmcode tables so it can be read correctly but burning fails. Like Mode1/2 multisession discs some time ago.
      When Hell is full,
      the dead will walk the earth

Comment

I have this same problem with LOTRBFME. t's the only MDS/MDF image which I cannot backup onto a DVD using Nero. All my other games backup onto CD or DVD OK. Presumably this is related to the copy protection?

I've kept my backup copy of LOTRBFME on an old hard disk I had lying around. I can then always plug this in as a slave if I need to restore the image to my NAS if I should ruin the one I normally use to run the game.

Richard

Comment

Originally Posted by RichardS
          I have this same problem with LOTRBFME. t's the only MDS/MDF image which I cannot backup onto a DVD using Nero. All my other games backup onto CD or DVD OK. Presumably this is related to the copy protection?

Richard
          Since my last post I've discovered that you can copy (drag and drop) the LOTRBFME MDS & MDF files onto a DVD-RAM disk formatted with FAT32. You can then mount this image in a virtual drive and play. This might mean that you could also copy the files to a DVD-/+RW disk using packet writing software such as InCD or DirectCD?

I don't know why the same MDF file won't write to a DVD using normal burning software but I'm sure someone does..........!

Richard

Comment

After struggling to burn Cold Fear (budget Revial release) I too have had this problem.
            Burning to ISO9660 format is fine. I just don't understand why the UDF spec/implementation doesn't copy with such files?!?!?

Comment

Just WinRar them

Comment

Working...
              X