Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice.

Howdy, this is my first attempt at this and I don't know what to do. I hae been reading through the forum and am very confused. Recently I have had to reformat and reinstall twice because of Ubi-soft. I have checked the GDB. for the games I have and think I have the right CP. I have Il2-Forgotten Battles gold pack, which is safedisc 2.80.011, Pacific Fighters, safedisc 3.20.022, and Heroes Of The Pacific,secron 7.00.00.0022. What is my next step? TIA.

Can you be clearer? What do wanna do? make an image so you can play from the drive?
    Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
      Can you be clearer? What do wanna do? make an image so you can play from the drive?
      Yes, I would like to make an image but I would also like to make a copy without the copy protection so that the next time I reformat there will be no chance of the game messing up my drive when I reinstall it. I also have two drives on my computer I would like to install it on.

Comment

If you want to make an image, you need to keep the protection... Putting off the protection of a software is illegal.

What I don't really understand is the fact that securom and safedisk put such a mess on your computer that you had to format and reinstall... There may be another explanation.

To make the images, you'll need blindwrite or alcohol, and you should also have a look here.

Good luck
        Carpe diem

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The problem I had was suddenly files would come up missing I would replace them and next boot it would happen again. It got to the point to where I couldn't boot because some of the file needed to boot came up missing. This has happened twice after I installed the games.
          Thanks for the link that's what I am looking for. B.Chivers.

Comment

What kind of files are disappearing?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I was wondering that too... There must be another reason...
              Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                What kind of files are disappearing?
                Sorry for taking so long to reply. I can't remember them,they were mostly .dll files something like mvsr.dll?. I would replace them then the next boot they were missing again. Finally when I booted I got an error message saying one of the files necessary to boot was missing at which time I had to reformat. I wish I had written the files down so I could give you more info.

Comment

Working...
                X